Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Bumper / tow bar / cut out

Hi all, l want to fit a tow bar which will be detachable on my 2010 A3 5 door, lam being told l need to fit a different lower spoiler with a cut out in it. I can't afford to keep chucking money at it so is it possible to just cut a bit of the lower bumper/ spoiler out and when it comes to selling the car l could replace the cut out bit with an original second hand one. I also have reversing sensors what impact will this have and has anyone any advice on fitting and wireing the thing up, thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Do it properly, it will look crap otherwise, saves the hassle later of swapping it out for different version.

What's the rear look like now, pics?

If you have sensor, you will need to fit a proper system that would be coded to disable the pdc when towbar is in use, I've fitted these before, if you get the kit I can fit it for you or I can supply oem, but its not cheap & hate to say it towequip sell the kit, but I've heard some stories of installs by some companies that haven't left much to the imagination, I've had to correct some.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    What would you charge to supply and fit what's needed to wire it up if l fit the tow bar first. Is it possible to fit one if these cut out lower spoilers after iv fitted the tow bar, and what's involved in fitting these lower spoiler/ bumpers

Neutral

Status
    Mine has the lower bumper trim with cut out, got mine second hand with towbar for £180!

think lower bumper was £85 from Audi then needs painting!

for pics try a search.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, what's involved in taking of the lower part of the bumper and did you wire yours up yourself, just wondering how hard it is to do myself, thanks

Neutral

Status
    Bumper and tow bar fitted myself took about 2 hrs! Just unscrew/bolt bumper unclip lower trim and refit!

Had a guys fit electrics not coded in took 45mins and charged £40! Fits them for a living, based in theale nr reading.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Did he use the official westfalia/audi electrics kit & did he fit the electrics etc with the bumper & interior trims etc already removed, fitting module on the bracket, refitting the boot trims etc, as I fail to see him doing all of that in 45 minutes, no way, feeding it through the car to the fusebox, the brake switch connector, plus testing, impossible sorry & I know these cars inside out.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Iv been quoted £110 to wire it up by local place which seems a lot to me or is this the going rate

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I wouldn't call £110 expensive at all, is that supplying the looms & fitting the towbar with valance aswell as coding the car?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just to wire it up, l have to fit the tow bar

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So no looms, nothing supplied, what about coding it?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I phoned them and said l want it wiring up and that's what they quoted, what do you mean by being coded, does this mean it not a DIY job.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Try reading my 1st post again fella, its not just bash it in & job done, it needs to be done properly by someone who knows what they're doing with vag systems, you have audi sensors, what happens when you tow something with sensors & use reverse, it will just loudly beep all the time which trust me becomes very bloody annoying after a while, it needs setting up so it knows when somethings being towed, its not all about wiring.

Some cretins have even tried wiring into the rear light clusters only before, we're talking potentially high current if using the towbar electrics properly, that could effectively knock allot of things out, cause numerous issues, so be warned.