Looking to buy an a3!!!

JD007F

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been on the site a year but hardly get on here but I'm looking to trade my car in and hopefully get a black edition a3 2.0 140 stop start engine. Was wondering is there any common problems I should look out for and what Is this model and engine like. Here is 2 I viewing next week fingers x.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306137268889/usedcars?logcode=visc

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...o/19000/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/page/1

Many thanks for reading my thread.

James.

Being the Black Edition you get some extra bits.....funky grill, privacy glass and rotors. Good cars and the 140bhp version is nippy and returns good MPG.

There was a problem with the oil pump splined shaft failing on these engines but I believe this was more prone on A4's and A6's.

Enjoy whichever one you go for.

Any reason for wanting the stop start engine in particular? From what I've read, it's more of a hindrance than a help in most situations.

Dont think about it, go out and buy one there wicked as everyone on the forum will agree :p

Reactions: Brodster
I have got one. 12 months old and 14000 miles so far. No issues other than a wheel bearing under warranty. Great car so far, just a harsh ride on the UKs rutted roads

Go for the blue one as the sat nav is already fitted then let the modding begin

Hi guys,

Firstly sorry about starting this thread in the wrong section!

Well I am only really going for the start stop as its cheap on insurance and tax as I'm only 24 I would like the 170 Quattro but few years time maybe lol.

I do prefer the blue as you say it has sat nav already there! Either way neither have parking sensors how easy/hard is it to have theses fitted as I would like to have front and back ones and maybe have it come up on the sat nav screen if i that is well as I've heard you can have that?

Cheers his thanks got the quick replies.