Remapped 2.0T Review (Superchips)

Those are poor figures when for £590 you get +70bhp from Revo software. Does the golf GTI have a different turbocharger fitted?

[ QUOTE ]
Those are poor figures when for £590 you get +70bhp from Revo software. Does the golf GTI have a different turbocharger fitted?

[/ QUOTE ]

To what? those figures are from a Golf Gti. Quoted figures are much of a muchness, from previous experience on rolling road days, cars with quoted high outputs rarely pulled it off and gave similar figures to other remaps with supposedly less power. Been there got the teeshirt.

I'll believe 270bhp just from a remap when confirmed on an independant R/Road, even AMD only claim an extra 50bhp from a remap alone, Forge an additional 35/40bhp as do Oettinger so either the Revo one is a little optimistic or all the other tuners are holding back for some reason ?!?

I'm pretty sure 70bhp would be obtainable with the aid of a sports cat exhaust, AMD claim this as a stage 2.

Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking Revo and would have considered them if they were prepared to offer a warranty, just think you should concentrate on how the car drives once remapped and not on some ambitious figures that are open to all sorts of anomolies. Golf 2.0T is exactly the same as the A3, just the absence of 4 wheel drive, with the sort of power I have going through the front wheels now I am not sure it could handle much more so I'm happy.

Ignore my last post AMD also claim +50bhp for stage 1 tuning and 65bhp with full exhaust system and airfilter.

No probs like Cupramax said they all usually come out around the same figure give or take 10bhp, remember some engines give out more power in stock form, the best way to judge is in the drive, so long as you are happy then thats all that counts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif