2.0t fsi intercooler is it the same as 2.0tdi pd140 BKD intercooler ?

TDI140

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2.0t intercooler is the same as the 2.0tdi ? Also if boost pipe connectors are the same ? As i have seen an intercooler kit but it says 2.0tfsi mk5 golf gti and he doesnt know if 2.0tdi jntercooler is the same

The intercooler itself is the same for tdi and tfsi. The pipes though are a bit different. The pipe coming from the left side of the car connects different to the next pipe.

So passenger side of intercooler is different ?

Here is a picture with the connector that differs. This is an S3 intercooler with the S3 rubber hoses. The end of the hose that connects to the next pipe is not the same as the hose from TDI

IIRC the TFSI IC's are jubilee connections aren't they & I recalls someone else testing this & removed as it kept popping of under boost, personally I think tdi unit is plenty god enough.

My forge hoses are held in with couplers but then the actual silicone hose sits behine a lip on the alloy coupler with a jubilee clip which holds 27-28psi without problems, ive seen an airtec twincooler kit for a mk5 golf gti it also has couplers that go into the stock intercooler and into the plactic boost hoses then the silicone twin cooler hoses are held onto the alloy couplers with jubilee clips surely it will hold under pressure, i might give forge a call tomorrow and see if the tdi twincooler has same couplers and hoses and 2.0T a3 twintercooler, worth it if i can get it at £150 as rrp for airtec is £440