JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JPK

Thread: Facelift tails issue

JPK
    1st Gear

Status

Facelift tails issue

Can only get the fog light on the inner facelift lights to work, otherwise they are not coming on at all. The outside are working fine for everything. I want it to work like a facelift car.

The adaptor looms I used from 'tuning fanatics' had a 4th wire coming out of them that I connected up as an earth so that may be wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as I have to give this vcds back to a mate tomorrow!

Coding used:
    Btye 9 to Dec = 0 - as the final brake light
    Byte 10 to Dec = 0 - Fog lamps as a taillight
    Byte 12 to Dec = 36 or 48 - dimming rear standlight
    Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active - this must be activated
    2005 A3 2.0T DSG Oettinger Body Styling, 19" RS5 Reps, APR Stage 1, Forge Twintake, Remus catback, BSH PCV Fix, 034 Motorsport Mounts, WALK, Whiteline bushings (F&R), Whiteline RSB, Whiteline BSK, Whiteline adjustable end links, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Stoptech Drilled Rotors, Hawk Pads, Tyrolsport stainless lines, Tyrolsport Calliper bushings, Tyrolsport DeadSet Subframe kit.

2. # ADS
    ADS

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Ok after more hunting around I think my issue was that the extra wire I earthed needs to be connected to 12v... Can anyone confirm?
    where would I get 12v from easily in that area?
    2005 A3 2.0T DSG Oettinger Body Styling, 19" RS5 Reps, APR Stage 1, Forge Twintake, Remus catback, BSH PCV Fix, 034 Motorsport Mounts, WALK, Whiteline bushings (F&R), Whiteline RSB, Whiteline BSK, Whiteline adjustable end links, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Stoptech Drilled Rotors, Hawk Pads, Tyrolsport stainless lines, Tyrolsport Calliper bushings, Tyrolsport DeadSet Subframe kit.

5th Gear

Status
    Do you have a 12v boot socket?

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Yes but that won't really work as the inners are in the hatch. Will have to remove the entire trim piece which I was trying to avoid then I guess and use the number plate light power

5th Gear

Status
    Surely there's a 12v live going to the inners anyway, and what adapters have you gotten?

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    There is a 3 wire plug for the original inners and 4 wire for the facelift plug, the 4th wire is separate from the rest of the loom.

These ones:

In awe of VCDS

Status
    If they're the Kufatec harnesses then they should've come with instructions. The separate wire is connected to the number plate lights to supply power to the inner LED's
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Success

danb986 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Looking good, how much did they cost?

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    230gbp or thereabouts including adapters

5th Gear

Status
    Dis you get them from German eBay?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    get it from this guy:
    AUDI A3 8P SPORTBACK FACELIFT LED-RÜCKLEUCHTEN NEU OE! | eBay

same guy i got mine from
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread