AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

Revo remap on 2.0TFSI DSG!

This is a PETROL thread for a change!! (not trying to steal MikeP's thunder!)

Just came back from Revo yesterday with their new code in my 2.0T DSG, HOORAH!!

A summons for 104.3mph (from May 05) landed on my doormat this morning BOOOOHH!!

Anyhow, took REVO a few minutes to load up plus a few runs round the block. I'm waiting for them to email their RR charts for this model. Will post ASAP.

Initial impressions are verrrrrrry good. Almost scary actually. Just re-calibrating my right foot to cope with the much steeper torque curve.

I haven't actually given it full gas yet as its pretty pointless in this greasy/wet weather, part throttle wheel spins in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th anyone??. At least with DSG you can short shift on the power to maintain traction.

RR curves to come...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber pimp meister

Status

Re: Revo remap on 2.0TFSI DSG!

Sounds good. Have the Forge map on mine and its very smooth, just like stock but more so...

2nd Gear

Status

I was worried I might end up with some undrivable boost-crazed monster (read mapped PD150)!

Not so, very smooth and linear. In fact on a light throttle / lows revs there is no difference from stock and it has kept all the smooth town-centre friendly usability that you need most of the time.

Just the 32% extra torque on tap for those little overtaking manouvres ;-)

Got the curves, can't upload them to the members gallery though???

3rd Gear

Status

Mike good to hear you're happy, I agree, the greasy weather makes giving a bootful of throttle pointless at the mo, but wait until it dries out!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Status

Mike,

I can host them for you if you like.

J.

imported_Spin140

Be interested to see what total bhp you now have and am well pleased for you. I had my 2.0T superchipped a couple of weeks ago and am also very pleased, claimed power from the rolling road isn't massive but the drive is superb, also very progressive, almost standard in characteristic but much much faster.

You guys with 4 wheel drive stand to benefit a lot more I do have to be very careful in 1st, 2nd & 3rd with the current greasy roads and a heavy right foot resulting in the TC lights flashing.

The 2.0T is an absolute belter of an engine anyone considering a remap should go for it, massive improvement to an already competent engine.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Uber pimp meister

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    the drive is superb, also very progressive, almost standard in characteristic but much much faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds very similar to mine... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Status

Mike,

Your set up to not accept PM's or emails so I can't reply [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but yes email me at a16Jww @ hotmail.com obviously miss out the spaces!

J.

imported_Spin140

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the drive is superb, also very progressive, almost standard in characteristic but much much faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds very similar to mine... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The best type of remap IMO, not bothered who does it so long as its reliable and keeps that 'standard' feel [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Status

Here's Mikes curves (Ooo-Err!)

Uber pimp meister

Status

They do look very good... but... how did you manage to run 3 different types of fuel or is that the outputs with different SPS3 settings on one fuel? or... is that just Revo's previous runs which it looks like to me.

2nd Gear

Status

I haven't had a RR session.

They are REVO's curves on their test golf GTI.

3rd Gear

Status

The runs were done at seperate times with 98ron and 100+ron fuel and then using the SPS3 to set the appropriate timing for the fuel grade and upping the boost settings.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

When and where can Ihave my car done in the North West???

What are the options will it be an SPS3??? How do you determin te correct setting for your car

David Mann

Uber pimp meister

Status

Revo dealers are on their website... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] funnily enough...

http://www.revotechnik.com/locateDealer/ukDealers.aspx

SPS3 allows you to change boost and timing settings. This is not however a finite art and you probably need to play about with it to find the best setting for your car and the fuel you use. Logging with VAGCOM is a good idea to find which setting are getting the best results but you cant really do any damage as all the ECU's in built safety features still apply.

imported_Skywalker

Are they doing the 5/6 hour trial on the 2.0T remap like they did on the 1.8T?

3rd Gear

Status

You don't need to buy an SPS3, diesels only use the SPS1 to turn the software on and off. If you don't want the software turned off, don't buy a switch, just buy the remap. The SPS2 and 3 are for petrol turbo cars.

Dave @ ADS in Preston is the guy to go for in the NW, he's a good bloke.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

How much will the remap be for the 2.0T Quattro and when will it be available do yu think?

Will it be an SPS3?

Will it retain the stock smoothness?

Regards DM

3rd Gear

Status

The remap for the quattro is available now, you will be able to use the SPS3 with it, and yes, the curves will be as smooth as the ones shown above.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

What price do you reckon for the SPS3 for the 2.0TQ?

Does the SPS3 setup involve an RR Session or is it generic?

Dave

3rd Gear

Status

The SPS3 is 249 + vat,

The second part of your question doesn't make sense, the SPS3 is used to vary boost and ignition timing on turbo cars, which means you can tailor the map to the fuel grade and boost requirements as required, it's not a one-off setting. Ingnition timing will also vary with temperature, more advanced in winter than summer. Boost settings will be for driver preference.

RR depends if the dealer has one. On road setup is more important than numbers from an RR session, in my opinion.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

I just thought every car was different and they will tailor your SPS3 to suit yor car from the initial setup.

However I wouldn't be that bothered aslong as it runs fine.

I would lke to hear from someone who has had the SPS3 on 2.0T or what their comments are on the SPS3.

Why is it that revo SPS3 Remap is so cheap compared to AmD?

Dave

Sepang Blue S3

Status

How much in total would it be for a 2.0T remap and SPS3?

David Mann

3rd Gear

Status

The remap is 499 + vat the SPS3 is 249 + vat.

The dealer can configure the remap for you without the need to buy an SPS3.

Uber pimp meister

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just thought every car was different and they will tailor your SPS3 to suit yor car from the initial setup.

However I wouldn't be that bothered aslong as it runs fine.

I would lke to hear from someone who has had the SPS3 on 2.0T or what their comments are on the SPS3.

Why is it that revo SPS3 Remap is so cheap compared to AmD?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you understand what an SPS3 is???..

An SPS3 is purely a switch box which plugs into your OBDII socket and allows adjustment of your boost and timing settings to fine tune the standard remap. The SPS3 itself is not tailored to anything...

I had a 1.8T Revo remap on my Leon Cupra R and the SPS3 is great for setting up the car. You could set it up aggresively for say a track day or turn it down a bit for wet use (it was on a 2wd car) to make it less aggresive. The timing settings make a big difference if you're using octane booster or Optimax over say the standard unleaded setting. I would expect the 2.0T to be no different.

On the price subject I think AmD's 2.0T map is overpriced to be honest.

If you have so many questions why dont you give Mitchell or Kev at Revo a call, they dont bite... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

imported_jimbogrey

I've just had the pleasure of a ride in the Revo test GTI and I have to say that the power delivery is awesome and seamless. can't wait to get the money together to get the a3 2.0t with DSG & Revo the combination should be incredible.

By the way anyone wanting to buy a seriously sorted golf GTI can buy the Revo test car from Wheelbase in hersham

Jimbo

2nd Gear

Status

One week with the Remap and all is well!!

Except the road conditions are seriously hampering progress! Fuel ecomony seems 1 or 2 mpg up on standard on the regular crawl. DSG seems to shift up earlier on a light throttle, maybe due to extra torque?

BTW: Kev at Revo mentioned that engine torque is limited in 'D' to aid smooth gear changes. 'S' or +/- have no such limit

Always thought 'D' was for girls anyway ;-)

Sepang Blue S3

Status

Revo have updated their website.

When you go to a3 2.0T the option for additional SPS3 isnt available, is this correct?

Dave

2nd Gear

Status

Yep, but not TDI yet.

Incidentally, would a remap on the 2.0 TDI DSG make it quicker than a stock 2.0 T?

3rd Gear

Status

No.

I reckon the 0-60 time on the tdi would be down to around 9 from 9.7, maybe as low as 8.5? But the 2.0T is 7.0 stock and probably under 6 seconds after a remap.

2nd Gear

Status

err...0-60 on the stock DSG is quoted at 9.2s and is probably slightly less. Think someone on here measured their's at 8.8 might have been Bowfer, can't remember.

The remap pushes the bhp on the TDI to near 190 when the 2.0T is quoted at 200 (though its likely achieving more than that). The torque is up to almost 300 which is way higher than the 2.0T.

I would have thought with figures like this the performance would be pretty similar. Not sure about the relative weights of the two cars though.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

Spoke to Dave ( Revo ) ADS in Preston This Morning....

Hi David,

I have spoken with REVO this morning and they have confirmed that we can not use the current SPS3 on your vehicle. The new switches will be available at the end of December. I still have full switchabilty through my lap top and software, so setting your car to how you want it is included in the price of instalment. I hope this has answered your questions.

Kind Regards
    Dave Massey

Is this guy any good? What are peoples views and comments please?

Also the 2.0T Quattro is under 7 secs, it's been recoreded at 6.2 from 0-60. Although thats not 0-62, but im talking .seconds here lol.

Its very quick compared to my last 2.0 TDi Sport....

3rd Gear

Status

Guy is right, the Revo'd 2.0Tdi is very nice, but nowhere near as quick off the line as a stock 2.0T.

In-gear performance is a lot better, but that's the main characteristic of the diesel engine.

We'll find out what a Revo DSG diesel can do 0-60 at next years GTi International. A Revo'd PD150 did 0-60 in 6.5 and 1/4 mile in 14.65 at last year's event.

3rd Gear

Status

Sorry I took the figures off the Audi site before posting and they said 9.7sec.

I was originally going to say that they would be similar, but the figures are just too far apart for a mapped tdi to get close to a stock 2.0T, however I am not sure that you would notice a great deal when driving normally, by that I mean not racing some one off the line.

Seriously the tdi with a remap is a completely different car.

I never time my 0-60, but I was going to have my A6 Avant mapped by MikeP and thought it would be good to see how much differnce there really is.
    The other day I timed it and all 3 times were just under 10 secs.
    Tried it again last night (had the remap on Tuesday) and it was down to 8.5sec in the wet!
    However it is the 40-70mph times that are the big improvement.

imported_S_Line

those graphs put a Subaru Impreza WR1 to shame !

Just look at the low down Torque,

Revo really have made a great leap forward with the 2.0 Turbo FSi

Hats off to them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Why oh why don't Audi do a 2.0T DSG Quattro??? Me thinks with the Revo code it would be awesome.

I've been out in mine in the dry this evening, it is actually quite scary. It still loses traction easily in second nowhere near full throttle, even third requires a good grip on the wheel with both hands, short shifting with DSG helps to keep things on the boil. (ESP off or it takes the edge of the acceleration)

Torque is DEFINITELY reduced greatly in 'D' and it makes a very satisfying 'pshhhhh' when lifting off, mores so than standard. (not max-power bad boy though)

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why oh why don't Audi do a 2.0T DSG Quattro??? Me thinks with the Revo code it would be awesome.

I've been out in mine in the dry this evening, it is actually quite scary. It still loses traction easily in second nowhere near full throttle, even third requires a good grip on the wheel with both hands, short shifting with DSG helps to keep things on the boil. (ESP off or it takes the edge of the acceleration)

Torque is DEFINITELY reduced greatly in 'D' and it makes a very satisfying 'pshhhhh' when lifting off, mores so than standard. (not max-power bad boy though)

[/ QUOTE ]

probably because they are holding it back for the S3? I'm off to Preston myself this week to get mine "done" probably Wednesday, I won't have the hanging on to the wheel problem though! I also have a 300hp T5 volvo, that was enough to convince me quattro was the way forward.

imported_S_Line

mmm the ole S3 debate is rearing its head [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    mmm the ole S3 debate is rearing its head [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought of that!! but Audi do hold things back, just look at the 2.0TFSI engine, 200bhp to start with, already to 220 in the A4, and there is 260 ish in there just waiting for new models, S3 maybe? or maybe they will also uprate the turbo and it will see 280?, also I believe they are holding back the DSG quattro for the S3

imported_S_Line

oh dear now look whats happened.....

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...&page=0#352495

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast