3 dr , 5dr mirrors the same ?

foxymk1

Reaction score
maybe a stupid question but i read something somewhere that they are not the same, is this true ?

No they're not, the bases are slightly different.

So can I fit 3 dr to a 5 dr ?

As NHN states, bases are slightly different. Without knowing your skill levels we cannot say. But anything is possible... i.e. swap bases.

As NHN states, bases are slightly different. Without knowing your skill levels we cannot say. But anything is possible... i.e. swap bases.

My skill levels are high pal :)
butese are folding mirrors is it possible to swap bases on them ?

Thanks for the reply

Reactions: TDI140
Swapping bases is a pita, the spring compression, wiring looms, I've done it & wont bother again, what is your overall goal, you upgrading, broken yours etc?

upgrading to folding on a 2006 car, but if its to much trouble il wait until a 5 dr set come up

I have a 2009 set of electric folding mirrors with glass, covers, led's, can supply/fit the lot along with door modules.

Thanks but I was looking at set of s3 folding that we're cheap , plus I don't like other people touching my car except me :) I even learnt how to paint cars at set up a unit just so I could do it myself haha

thanks for the replys guys

Arghh just bought a pair of MY11 mirrors from a Sportback thinking it will fit my 3 door! Is it a very complicated procedure then to make them fit? What new parts will I need? Or is it just a case of swapping the bases

iv got the s3 mirror case on my 5door 2006 and you can just swop the case over but can be tricky

Was it from a 3 door S3? If the wing mirrors are from a 5 door to transfer to a 3 door I'm guessing its more than just swapping a case over surely...?