3.2 front foglight

powerplay

Grrrr
Reaction score
I've noticed on my A3 3.2 sline there is a missing piece of plastic on the front passenger side next to the lower foglight - ie there's a flat black piece of plastic on the offside but a gaping hole on the nearside.

I asked dealer about it, he said after checking the parts spec on their computer that there is supposed to be a hole there, for airflow due to bigger engine.

Just wondered if any other 3.2 owners can confirm theirs are the same, I would have thought it should be more "venty" looking than just a gaping hole if it was by design...?

Cheers

I think he saw you coming...

Pick of a 3.2 front end.

Audi_A3_0007.sized.jpg

Hmm I think what I am referring to is only relevant to the new 2006 s-line exterior, see below. The circled area has no plastic back like the drivers-side has.

Are there any other 3.2 s-line owners out there with the same?

airintake.jpg

ill have a look as soon as wifie gets back from School

Appreciate that mate. I'm actually due to drop car into dealer tomorrow for folding mirror problem and creaky steering to be looked at, would be handy to know if there's another issue to raise as well!

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ill have a look as soon as wifie gets back from School

[/ QUOTE ]

Chr!st how olds your wife matey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I'd imagine it's possible for her to be teaching at school!

LOL a bit late, just checked, next to the fog light are 2 plastic louvers covering up the hole. The louvers are nearly in line with the bottom front centre ones.

Just the same as the Silver pic above.

Your pic is different. and looks wrong

Thanks for that chaps.

If its definitely the latest 2006 model s-line styling you have, any chance of a close-up pic? That would help a bunch!

Cheers

mines a 2005 mate, can you post up a pic of the full front end ?

Ok managed to sneak outside during a brief gap in the continual downpour this morning...

Hopefully this shows more clearly what I am trying to resolve. Basically my Audi dealer is telling me this is by design, but I'm not convinced and need to see another 2006 3.2 s-line front end; I have seen a 2.0T s-line and it doesn't have the gaping hole, my dealer says only the 3.2 is "supposed" to be like this:

Front1.jpg

Did you get this sorted?

The link below is a picture of front - clearly has a cover.

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051130.001/audi/1.html

Scroll down a tad and to the right of this picture is a smaller rear shot and this car is a 3.2.

Also, regardless of whether it has the styling pack or not, if it were necessary to have a hole there, the standard bumper ones would need it too. Mine is a 3.2 and it doesn't have a gap there.

that picture is of a left hand drive though, and the other side is too dark to tell, unless someone can lighten it up a bit?

Yes I saw that picture just recently, it's from the latest Audi catalogue.

In theory I should be able to use that pic as a guide, provided I can safely assume that the airflow requirement (that's claimed to be required) wouldn't be reversed due to left-hand drive? If for any reason it was, it is too hard to tell from this picture alone, so is anyone able to clarify?

Ok, I decided to get to the bottom of the matter and phoned Audi customer services.

I explained the query and was told absolutely that "there is not a piece missing, the hole on the passenger side is by design" and that "it is a recent change with the s-line exterior".

I'm a bit stuck now 'cos I still think it's not right, but can't take it any further or put it to rest unless I can see another 2006 3.2 with the s-line front.

Help!!

the only reason i can tell is that it lets the noise of the Horns out ?

If they say its to Vent cool air intot eh brakes, then the Off side will overheat as its got a back plate !

Seems very strainge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif