can xenon's be converted to run normal halogen bulbs?

Kash.

Reaction score
hi guys, i recently won some bi-xenon lights on ebay but i dont really want to drive around blinding everyone tbh, could i somehow get them to just run normal 'yellow' halogens through the projectors and also have the inboard drl's work aswell?

thanks
kash

Ahah why would you want that instead doing mods to make your car look better your going backwards

Reactions: NHN
It's not the xenons that blind people its the bulbs being in the wrong housing.

Xenons in projectors -> fine

Halogens in reflectors -> fine

Xenons in reflectors -> dazzle central

its not so much the xenons i wanted but the inboard drl's and appearance of projectors

It's not the xenons that blind people its the bulbs being in the wrong housing.

Xenons in projectors -> fine

Halogens in reflectors -> fine

Xenons in reflectors -> dazzle central

it still wouldnt pass an mot though nowadays

This is the craziest thing ive heard on here for a while, you buy bi-xenons for visibility but if you put yellow bulbs in the projector you might aswel drive with a blindfold on

Reactions: NHN and Ryan21
Lolwutpear.jpg

Reactions: NHN, Sevv, wuta3 and 2 others
if the xenons dont blind everyone without the self levelers ill keep them as that
am i right in thinking the ballasts are in the headlight unit its self and theyll work with an adapter from kufatec?

I have xenons retro-fitted without self levellers and I dont blind anyone

they were setup by an MOT tester to ensure they were pointing correctly. When i first fitted them they were set too high

I have xenons without levelers and no one flashes me or anything

Reactions: Rhyso
you can also plug ur headlights to an a3 with self leveling like mine!

no one has ever flashed me to say im blinding them. Equally like i said they were setup by an MOT tester to ensure the beam pattern and direction were correct

If that's possible, why then does OEM have to have self-levelling? An unnecessary expense and complication, surely?:think:

And does your manual load adjustment wheel still work?

If that's possible, why then does OEM have to have self-levelling? An unnecessary expense and complication, surely?:think:

And does your manual load adjustment wheel still work?

that i couldnt tell you. The MOT rules state beam pattern and alignment must be correct and to check the operation of the levelling system but you cant check something that isnt fitted. The guy who set them up said that as long as my beam pattern is correct then my car will pass

no it doesnt work

probably get flamed for not having them fitted but ive had police cars follow me and I follow them and have never been pulled for my headlights being blinding

that i couldnt tell you. The MOT rules state beam pattern and alignment must be correct and to check the operation of the levelling system but you cant check something that isnt fitted. The guy who set them up said that as long as my beam pattern is correct then my car will pass

no it doesnt work

probably get flamed for not having them fitted but ive had police cars follow me and I follow them and have never been pulled for my headlights being blinding

tbh as long as you drive sensibly police won't really put you over. I remember not having rear number plate lights and not once did I get pulled over despite having police cars behind me on several occasions haha

Kash,

Get the headlights to someone that does have auto levelling and plug it into their car which will level out the headlights for you... get them installed, and then level them by an MOT tester while fitted to a car and you wont have problems.

yes ideally you would want auto levellers installed in your car but these are mainly functional when on hills or have a heavy load in the car.

Yep, auto levellers are not really a major issue. Different oem XENONS have different levels anyway, they are NOT a guarantee of not blinding someone, BMWs are often quite low, Mercs are usually high.

ill just keep them as xenons then :) thanks for the help guys