Can I change my gearbox and fit one with a different gearbox code ?

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my 3rd gear on my gearbox and I'm thinking of replacing it with a different gear box code.

I've seen loads of the same gearbox but all have different gearbox codes... Would these gearboxes be compatible ?

Im not too sure if audis are the same but i know some cars need to have exact replacements. Theres some sort of electronic jobby on it and if u dont have the correct one u may get weird signals coming from it which may result in showing incorrect rpm/speed. Like for like is the way to go. Where r u looking for ur box?

Find ur gearbox code and google 1st choice spares. Put ur details in and any scrappies with one available will contact u with a price. Choose the one u want and away u go. The gearbox on my old focus went and i got a replacement for £100. Everythin on ebay was at least twice that at the time

just get yours recondition I had mine done cost 600 ish

Find ur gearbox code and google 1st choice spares. Put ur details in and any scrappies with one available will contact u with a price. Choose the one u want and away u go. The gearbox on my old focus went and i got a replacement for £100. Everythin on ebay was at least twice that at the time

Ideally I want to get a gear box with not much millage at all ......As I replaced my previous 8p with a 2nd hand gear box and it took about 1 -2 years to come back with the same issue.

just get yours recondition I had mine done cost 600 ish

I could do that ..But the gear box below has only down 29 miles and looks very new. Plus I can beat him down on that price. Plus having it recondition takes time to fix up.

The price to get it reconditioned should not be 600 ....sounds way to expensive to me ...more like 300 ....

I could do that ..But the gear box below has only down 29 miles and looks very new. Plus I can beat him down on that price. Plus having it recondition takes time to fix up.

The price to get it reconditioned should not be 600 ....sounds way to expensive to me ...more like 300 ....

with our cars i have a feeling that you need to have a spare box handy at all times lol.... but i think recondition your gearbox for the long term would be a better option as they would change all the bearing any worn gear sycros slector forks ... possible tell them to strengthen the boxes for you while you;re at it

Reactions: J.R.