Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sevv

Thread: Can I change my gearbox and fit one with a different gearbox code ?

"Started From The Bottom"

Status

Can I change my gearbox and fit one with a different gearbox code ?

I'm having issues with my 3rd gear on my gearbox and I'm thinking of replacing it with a different gear box code.

I've seen loads of the same gearbox but all have different gearbox codes... Would these gearboxes be compatible ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Bump

4th Gear

Status
    Im not too sure if audis are the same but i know some cars need to have exact replacements. Theres some sort of electronic jobby on it and if u dont have the correct one u may get weird signals coming from it which may result in showing incorrect rpm/speed. Like for like is the way to go. Where r u looking for ur box?
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Im not too sure if audis are the same but i know some cars need to have exact replacements. Theres some sort of electronic jobby on it and if u dont have the correct one u may get weird signals coming from it which may result in showing incorrect rpm/speed. Like for like is the way to go. Where r u looking for ur box?
    I'm looking on ebay.

VW PASSAT B6 2.0TDI,AUDI A3 2.0TDI ,A4,GOLF,SEAT LEON,6 SPEED GEARBOX CODE , NFN | eBay

4th Gear

Status
    Find ur gearbox code and google 1st choice spares. Put ur details in and any scrappies with one available will contact u with a price. Choose the one u want and away u go. The gearbox on my old focus went and i got a replacement for £100. Everythin on ebay was at least twice that at the time
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

6th Gear

Status
    just get yours recondition I had mine done cost 600 ish
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Find ur gearbox code and google 1st choice spares. Put ur details in and any scrappies with one available will contact u with a price. Choose the one u want and away u go. The gearbox on my old focus went and i got a replacement for £100. Everythin on ebay was at least twice that at the time
    Ideally I want to get a gear box with not much millage at all ......As I replaced my previous 8p with a 2nd hand gear box and it took about 1 -2 years to come back with the same issue.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    just get yours recondition I had mine done cost 600 ish
    I could do that ..But the gear box below has only down 29 miles and looks very new. Plus I can beat him down on that price. Plus having it recondition takes time to fix up.

The price to get it reconditioned should not be 600 ....sounds way to expensive to me ...more like 300 ....

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    I could do that ..But the gear box below has only down 29 miles and looks very new. Plus I can beat him down on that price. Plus having it recondition takes time to fix up.

The price to get it reconditioned should not be 600 ....sounds way to expensive to me ...more like 300 ....
    with our cars i have a feeling that you need to have a spare box handy at all times lol.... but i think recondition your gearbox for the long term would be a better option as they would change all the bearing any worn gear sycros slector forks ... possible tell them to strengthen the boxes for you while you;re at it
    Digzz likes this.