Remapped 170PD vs 2.0T stock

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering, what would be faster a stock 200bhp tfsi or a 170pd remapped with dpf removed?

Cheers.

Assume both being non quattro.

Depends of you're doing a standing or rolling start. Standing start the petrol will leave the TDI, on the move the torque of the TDI will give it the edge.

Depends of you're doing a standing or rolling start. Standing start the petrol will leave the TDI, on the move the torque of the TDI will give it the edge.

na, by the time your TDI has overshot its bump of power in the rev range and you are changing up the tfsi is taking it to the redline while you're still running from your plumes of black smog.

lol :) Im only messing, though I think it would be the nature of the engines even at equal power that pips it. Can't beat some turbo petrol poooowwweeerrr.

Reactions: Turbo jay
low down probably the mapped tdi mid/top end tfsi will put it to shame coupled with dsg you wish you never asked the question

I agree with the others the 2.0T will leave it, the extra 2k rpm makes all the difference. And the sound of the lovely little ko3 working its **** off.

I agree with the others the 2.0T will leave it, the extra 2k rpm makes all the difference. And the sound of the lovely little ko3 working its **** off.

LOL I can't wait to slap a KO4 or BT kit on, that arsey k03 feels asthmatic to me

LOL I can't wait to slap a KO4 or BT kit on, that arsey k03 feels asthmatic to me
yea I know what you mean hence me saying working its **** off lol. Would love to slap a ko4/bt on but I've already got a to-do list as long as my arm lol.

yea I know what you mean hence me saying working its **** off lol. Would love to slap a ko4/bt on but I've already got a to-do list as long as my arm lol.

****ing todolists, they only get longer with cars

Reactions: Sevv
My cars quicker than 2.0t a4 left my cousins a4 few weeks back on way to stevenage both had 4 people in the car i was pulling away from him hes only got milltek decat an set of 18's and mine has quite abit of work done but of he had stage 1 remap he would be pulling away from me high end of rev range

But the thing is i was ragging mine and got 47mpg and he was ragging his and got 20mpg

My cars quicker than 2.0t a4 left my cousins a4 few weeks back on way to stevenage both had 4 people in the car i was pulling away from him hes only got milltek decat an set of 18's and mine has quite abit of work done but of he had stage 1 remap he would be pulling away from me high end of rev range
The A4 is some 2-300Kg heavier than the 8P A3, so you'd need to put a few more passengers in your boot to to make it a fair fight ...or compare 2 A3's. ;)

I had a 170 with DPF delete and remap, it was very very quick with ludicrous low speed torque and pulled well at high revs (for a diesel). Made my M Coupe feel a bit sluggish tbh!!

Well imagine something thats about half a foot long by 4-6 inches in diameter that sits in the exhaust. The filter itself I believe is ceramic so when removed your car is allowed to breathe freely so releasing more power.

It makes a huge difference without the dpf and combined with one of ricks custom remaps you can find yourself at 80 in no time at all....

My car has a failing clutch and DMF so I will have even more power once they're replaced! I just love the instant throttle response and more linear power, just changes the car completely, in the best possible way.

interesting :think:

That is interesting. I'm looking to remap my 140CR and I'm toying with the DPF delete as it's only a bit more price wise. The only reason I'm not 100% is the fear that the MOT will change and I'll suddenly have to re-fit a new DPF, which I've heard is around £1,500. That's a bill I certainly would NOT want to get down the line.

The delete is a good option for those that are having DPF issues, but my 140CR is generally good as gold. I've also read that the CR is designed to work with the DPF and not to gut it.

Doesn't matter if the engine has been designed for it or not, it will still tun better without, it's just there are less issues with CR's - but this could also be down to them being newer and less mileage.

Rick

Well i recon my pd140 is the fastest car goin, so i've challanged a VR38DETT, will post results tonight of how much i won by :p
[h=2][/h]

No one knows if and when there is going to be MOT reg changes with reference to the DPF. That is why some places keep the original cannister after cutting it open, emptying it and then welding it back up. (This is wjhat I do) It keeps the OEM look just in case a visual inspection is on the cards later on..............but as I said no-one knows or has heard anything yet.