JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Fuel Pump pressure rating

On the way to Cornwall on holiday last week, after a goodly run on the motorway/dual carriageway, the next time we pulled up at a junction the idle was lumpy, hunting from about 8/900 rpm up to about 1500 and back. No obvious signs of distress otherwise. After another day or so the engine warming light came on.

The local place I took it to diagnosed and replaced a faulty Manifold pressure ("MAP") sensor but also said that whoever had last replaced the fuel filter had replaced it with one with too low a pressure, marked "3.0 Bar". They reckoned this had caused the fuel to run a bit lean and replaced the spark plugs too as a result.

It's marked as a Mann Filter WK 69/1 Made in China, along with the 3.0 Bar and blue date stamp of 0912; but that's all it's marked with. He's replaced it with a Fram G10243, "Cross references Purflux: EP207, Volkswagen 1K0201051B/1K0201051C" I think, as that was the box he returned the old fuel filter to me in.

Before I go back and have a go at the garage who fitted the fuel filter originally, does this sound right?
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone know what the pressure rating of an 8P2 A3 2.0T FSI fuel pump should be? Or how I can find out some definitive info?
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

1st Gear

Status
    Doh! I've got my filter and pump mixed up, I mean, of course, does anyone know what the pressure rating for an 8P2 A3 2.0T FSI fuel FILTER should be?

I tried Googling the Framm part no and "bar" and this thread was the third of three results.