Wide Angle for Dumbo's?

Artimus

Shortback
Reaction score
Hi Peeps

You'd think you could see half the known universe in these huge rear viewers, but sadly not. The blind spots are a pain that need addressing post haste. So do Audi do a wide angle mirror for the 8P3 Dumbo mirrors? and if so, what year did they start? anyone got them fitted on an MY09?

I have a cheapo set from e-bay, but I don't want to crimp the connections just in case they've got crap heaters & would prefer OEM if possible.

Thanks.

I advise doing what the cool kids do, pop some of these go-faster mirror attachments on. They add 20bhp while increasing safety and view performance by 291%. Fact.

Send pics when fitted.

M4DEoz2Og6WJmlDRmY7e JQ

Reactions: a3glenn, Tommy53 and jb0o
Just wind your window down and pop your head out.

100% safe, and cheaper than above.

Yes audi do the blind sided glass, why not upgrade to full folding/dimming with blind sided on both sides as I have a complete set for sale :p

You can buy the glass with blind side, cant remember how much exactly but think was £53 approximately, they don't supply it usually for passengers in UK, but they do fit to lhd cars both sides I've noticed, wont drive without it on any of ours cars.

Reactions: Artimus
Thanks All,

I already have folding mirrors Nigel, just need better glass. Is the dimming sensor attached to the glass & would it need extra wiring?

Dimming sides relies on rear view dimming mirror fitted already, plus wiring fitted, your bases should have the wires in place to a point, if you have dimming rear view & want to fit the sides, give me a shout mate :)

yea, no dimming rear view unfortunately - so I'll give that a miss then. Thanks for the nod about Blind Sides though, I'll get on to a dealer. :thumbsup: