Another expensive week for Blondy...

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Had to buy a pair of new tyres fro the front at the weekend and booked it in for a service on friday.

Went with my favourite tyre the Goodyear GSD3's F1 and what a difference they have made to th steering feel. You can tell they have stiffer side walls than the rosso's that where fitted.

Booked the car in for it's first service on friday at southampton Audi, they offer servicing in the evenings and they have sorted out a car for me, drop mine off 5pm friday and collect it saturday morning. Nice and easy and thats even at short notice - only just booked it in.

J.

How much did you get the GSD3's for? I had them on the Lexus and found them a good tyre. How many miles did you get out of the rosso's? I presume they are stock on the 18" RS6 alloys then?

GSD3s are my favorite tyre too. Got them fitted to my T4 and they provide imense grip in both the wet and dry. Plus they are quieter than the P-zero neros I had before. They will be whats fitted to my A3 when the originals have scrubbed out.

I got Rosso's on my March 05 car but I know others didn't so I think it waqs pot luck...

I managed 13.5K before they got completely illegal and changed them sat at 14,800 I know, I know but I'm working away at the moment and doing over 1K miles a week so as soon as I spotted they where completely bald I had them changed as soon as.

Managed to get a pair for £220 all in.

Had the F1's in all thier guises fitted to my cars for the last 5 years and they have just got better with each new version. Fingers corssed they last as long as the Pirreli's, they didn;t last long on the r32 and all 4 wore together so it was a but pricey when I went to visit the tyre dealers...

J.

Yeah, I've got F1's on mine with the new RS4 reps. Makes the car feel soooo much better.

Not Southampton Audi??!! Hope they've improved since I used to use them. Oh the stories I could tell you.
Are they still charging £3.80 for windscreen washer and £35 to change a dash bulb?

Can you get these Goodyear GSD3's F1's on the Audi maintenance plan? If there as good as you rekon then I'll make a mental note for when my fronts are dead. I've got 10k on the clock now and the rosso's are looking abit worn!

[ QUOTE ]
Can you get these Goodyear GSD3's F1's on the Audi maintenance plan? If there as good as you rekon then I'll make a mental note for when my fronts are dead. I've got 10k on the clock now and the rosso's are looking abit worn!

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked this and was told they will only fit the same tyre that your car came with you cannot choose(I think audi have a deal with the tyre companies). The standard fit from what I can tell is either Mitchelin or Continentals. The F1's are the reason im not taking the tyre maintenance plan.

Yep, mine had Rosso's too. Good tyre but seem to be suited to hot dry surfaces, i.e. great in the summer but absolute kack in the winter which it is 90% of the time in this country.

Ive used these tyres and I was so impressed, particularly in the wet, they seem to last OK too.

What are people's views on the Conti's? Not used them before but only just got the car so a few miles to go yet. Previous had Michelin but they were not that good, especially in the dry and squeeled like mad at relatively slow cornering speeds. It's a 3.2 Sline on the 18" rims.

Thanks very much.

I had 17"/235 Conti Contact Sport2s on my 2004 Cabrio 1.8t Sport - a quiet tyre good grip wet or dry, I got about 14,500 miles mainly doing motorway miles - the average was about 9k for people on the tyresmoke board.

Oh yes and they were £140 a pop too.

I put GSD3s on my old car. I can't wait for my tyres to wear out (10k miles and they still have 6mm left) and get some on this car.