My expectation too high?

I oOEddOo I

Reaction score
Hi folks

Had revo install today on my S3
As I put my foot down I dont feel that pull like my previous audi a3 which is 2.0T front wheel drive

I have three things in mind
-Do i need to let it settle for couple of days before i notice anything
-Due to the weight of the S3 it does pull little bit better than stock
-Am I expecting too much from stage 1?

Thank you

Maybe it was already mapped :p

Should be obviously noticeable tbh.

check out the thread about the Diverter valves

Don't forget....it's no lightweight at 1500kgs,and the power/weight ratio at Stg1 is about 200bhp/tonne.

It will be brisk,but not scary.

Also,the ECU will adapt for a period of time following the remap,and there may also be parameters like boost which need tailoring to your own preferences,but for it to feel fast,you may need more power.

I found stage 1 wasn't had i'd had in previous cars *** dyno wise, but it definetly is quicker by stopwatch.

HI mate, you could get it dyno'ed and see what power its laying down. If its quite far of what it should be doing then you could investigate

Reactions: I oOEddOo I
Don't forget....it's no lightweight at 1500kgs,and the power/weight ratio at Stg1 is about 200bhp/tonne.

It will be brisk,but not scary.

Also,the ECU will adapt for a period of time following the remap,and there may also be parameters like boost which need tailoring to your own preferences,but for it to feel fast,you may need more power.

The mechanics got me excited saying u should feel it straight away:eyebrows:
Yes I guess my old A3 is lighter and only a front wheel drive so it feels very quick and throw me back to the seat
I see in these couple of days let the ECU settle first

I'd definitely want the DV checked. Did your mechanic actually inspect the membrane?

Sounds like you need to get it on a rolling road and see what's going on.

The mechanics got me excited saying u should feel it straight away:eyebrows:
Yes I guess my old A3 is lighter and only a front wheel drive so it feels very quick and throw me back to the seat
I see in these couple of days let the ECU settle first

I would go with that.

As was said above,the real proof is against the clock,and the S3 can be deceptively fast,without ever feeling neck-snappingly fast.

I certainly felt Stg1 was worthwhile,and made the car much more usable overall,with a good deal more torque,and after a couple of days,you may well notice that,compared to what it was like before.....try it at around 3500-4000rpm and see how it pulls.

Also,different maps may be set up differently,and will therefore feel very different in use,although it is true that an aggressive map may actually not be as quick as a more linear one.

I would go with that.

As was said above,the real proof is against the clock,and the S3 can be deceptively fast,without ever feeling neck-snappingly fast.

I certainly felt Stg1 was worthwhile,and made the car much more usable overall,with a good deal more torque,and after a couple of days,you may well notice that,compared to what it was like before.....try it at around 3500-4000rpm and see how it pulls.

Also,different maps may be set up differently,and will therefore feel very different in use,although it is true that an aggressive map may actually not be as quick as a more linear one.

Yh will do pal cheers

This is the reason i say go to reputable tuners and tuners that have dyno's for before and after printouts, for all you know hes given you a 10bhp increase that you cant even notice

Dyno'd you should be hoping to see 290-310 bhp depending on the dyno,like people say let it adapt,use good fuel v-power etc if you dont already,intake always good for helping them rev out through the gears,maybe stick a set of nology plugs in it,they arent necking snappingly fast stage1 or really any but the pull through 3rd and 4th should have you a bit more excited than you sound,i would also say check the DV for the sake of it

Your dyno result should be 305-310bhp on a decent stage 1 map, the s3's produce alot of power

You should notice a big difference between stock and Stage 1.

What are your REVO settings?
If they are set too conservative then that could be the issue.

Reactions: NHN
Hi folks

Had revo install today on my S3
As I put my foot down I dont feel that pull like my previous audi a3 which is 2.0T front wheel drive

I have three things in mind
-Do i need to let it settle for couple of days before i notice anything
-Due to the weight of the S3 it does pull little bit better than stock
-Am I expecting too much from stage 1?

Thank you

I had the same thoughts when i went to Revo Stage 1, give it a few days, the S3's a really smooth car but decepively quick.

I am on revo stage 1 too hopefully the ECU adapting soon

Mine made around 310 bhp on Stg1,but as I said,it doesn't feel neck-snappingly fast,but is a lot more usable than stock.

More torque,a bit more bhp,and better to drive....don't expect miracles from Stg1,it's more of the start of the slippery slope to more power!

Mine made around 310 bhp on Stg1,but as I said,it doesn't feel neck-snappingly fast,but is a lot more usable than stock.

More torque,a bit more bhp,and better to drive....don't expect miracles from Stg1,it's more of the start of the slippery slope to more power!

How can you say that when it got you addicted in the 1st place :p

How can you say that when it got you addicted in the 1st place :p

LOL...and like I said....it's the start of the slippery slope.

It just made me think this car cries out for more power,and then more,and then some more after that!

Reactions: NHN
LOL...and like I said....it's the start of the slippery slope.

It just made me think this car cries out for more power,and then more,and then some more after that!

and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more and then some more

Ooops sorry my S3Alex special keyboard got stuck lmao

Reactions: S3Alex