Something you find on you A3 after time

Fuzzman

Reaction score
Hello
Sorry that I have not been around. I have been on hoilday.

Here is something to make you laugh. After having the car for 3 months and seeing cars with there alarm LED I thought doesn`t this car have one ? Then one night I found the red Alarm LED. Yes 3 month later.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I didn't know my car had an alarm LED until 2 weeks ago,and I've had it since March !

It took someone on here to tell me where it is.

Mind you,it is THE most pathetic LED I've ever seen....

Lol, I've had mine since March and didn't think it had one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

It seems to flash lots initially once 'armed' but then the frequency seems to tail off to nothing at all! Not very useful really.

It would make much more sense if it was in the door near the door handle where it always used to be on the 8L model.

[ QUOTE ]
It would make much more sense if it was in the door near the door handle where it always used to be on the 8L model.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's location is 'wrong'.
Just make it bright !

It's a bit of an inconspicuous thing really. I knew to look out for it when I was trolling through the manual a few days after I had got the car home.

As I read about it I immediately assumed mine must be faulty as I hadn't seen it, and so planned to visit the dealer the following day. Good job then I went and looked again, you've got to know where to look for it, in the drivers-side front of the dash, only visible from the front.

Because it's only visable from the front is the reason I think the location on the 8L model (in the door by the door handle) was much better.

Personally I nearly always approach my car from behind as I usually have something to put in the 'boot'. I always park 'front in' for the same reason, so I never see the LED in it's current location.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I nearly always approach my car from behind as I usually have something to put in the 'boot'.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooh err missus, nooo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't really understand what the big deal about a flashing led is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Or do you think a car thief might think a new premium german car wouldn't come with an alarm AND immobiliser?

We all know it's got one, and the flash of the indicators tells us we've locked it and we're all insured....

puzzling.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand what the big deal about a flashing led is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Or do you think a car thief might think a new premium german car wouldn't come with an alarm AND immobiliser?

We all know it's got one, and the flash of the indicators tells us we've locked it and we're all insured....

puzzling.

[/ QUOTE ]

A proper car thief will know it's alarmed and immobilised,but some junkie scum passing it in the street,after little more than your cd's to sell in a pub,won't.

IMO a bright flashing LED tells these 'opportunist' twats that the car is alarmed.

ah ok.

So the scum sucking junkie won't be able to put a brick through the window due to the impenetrable forcefield supplied via the flashing light? I must go and turn mine up a notch.

Do you not think that these sort of scrotes don't give an /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif about car alarms and just do a smash and grab?

[ QUOTE ]
ah ok.

So the scum sucking junkie won't be able to put a brick through the window due to the impenetrable forcefield supplied via the flashing light? I must go and turn mine up a notch.

Do you not think that these sort of scrotes don't give an /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif about car alarms and just do a smash and grab?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay then,take 'junkie' out and replace with 'youth'.
Yes,I do think a nice bright LED is enough to put some people off.
The fact that most manufacturers fit LED's is proof that it must be a deterrent,otherwise they simply wouldn't bother and save 5p per unit.

I'd say most manufacturers fit the bright LED to keep the owners happy, or not as the case might be with these cars.

If it was there to deter thieves then it would be in the old location. A lot of manufacturers don;t even bother fitting any type of LED. Claires roadsters not got one although it does have a full CAT 1 alarm fitted with the micro sensor thing for when the roofs down so if people lean intot the car the alarm sounds.

Good also to see that on the Audi when you lock the car with the key fob the interior door handles don't unlock the door or the unlock button on the door doesn't either like it did in the older versions and in the old mkIV golf.

Interesting that some don't think an LED is a deterrent.
Personally,as with alarm boxes on houses,I think any visible deterrent should be encouraged.

the point is a lot of new houses don't have alarms on I'm not aware of a new car that doesn't....but i'm sure some will treat that as an invitation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I agree, the LED does nothing for anyone other than the owner. No youth/junkie/scum will give a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif about a LED - if they want in they will get in

[ QUOTE ]

Want to borrow Arnie my Staff/doberman cross? Now he's a visable deterrent...

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon my DSG is a visible deterrent...

I'M ONLY JOOOOKING !

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M ONLY JOOOOKING !

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true all the boys look for manual but all the men know what they what??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M ONLY JOOOOKING !

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..they do call it joy riding after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of an old joke:

Man parks car and a young scumbag asks "50 Pence to mind your car sir?"

To which the man replies "Its ok I've a fine big german shepherd in the back seat he can do plenty of minding for free!"

And the scumbag replies "Can he put out fires?"