TDi Frond end lifts up when putting foot down

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
My Tdi front lifts up when i put my foot down, thought this only happens to silly bhp cars? Could there be something wrong with it?

I went into a pug dealer once and said my 205 gti wouldnt stop wheelspinning. It was an mi16 with a 1.6 short box, didnt tell them that. I got egg on my face when the young attractive receptionist asked me to open the bonnet as she saw the bx radiator through the grill, then went on to tell me she did the same conversion on her 309 Goodwood, she said I ought to practice better clutch control!

Reactions: Sidhu88, martinivw and wuta3
Both my A3 (surprisingly!) and my A6 both do this!

Moreso the A6 due to the V6 ;)

Reactions: martinivw and sliced
Lifts like this persons audi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lifts like this persons audi!

Not sure that's a case of torque, but acceleration, mass and rotational mechanics putting force on the rear suspension. A harder suspension would prevent movement, but the same will happen due to cornering (sideways) and braking (front will dip).

Assuming my knowledge of the physics is sound, which is probably isn't.

Referencing like a boss:
Weight Transfer

Last edited by a moderator:
Rwd to pull a wheelie we could pul and endo if we put bugatti veyron brakes on our cars lol

A3 dampers don't have much rebound (too much bump) which doesn't help.

Stiffer rear shocks will stop the front end from "lifting" some street rod cars use solid scaffolding bars fit rear shocks Si no movement what So ever

open the bonnet and have someone floor it( for interweb safety reasons a disclaimer: have brake on or put in park LOL) and see how much the engine flexes. Time to get more torque and hp to the ground a purchase some motor mounts