Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By barnzy
  • 1 Post By wuta3
  • 1 Post By Ash187

Thread: Bit of fun with ibiza 1.9tdi hybrid i got left :-/

5th Gear

Status

Bit of fun with ibiza 1.9tdi hybrid i got left :-/

Mate of mine has a ibiza pd130 1.9tdi with stage 2 turbo dunamics hybrid running 209bhp 330ft lb and mine is running much more power but all i could see is him pulling away from me is that due to the size of his car ? Or mine being wrongly tuned ? As the ibiza is tiny and power like that is immense on that
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Ibiza is a small pocket rocket, Leon woulda been a fairer race!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Neutral

Status
    smaller and lighter.... but surely i would have expected you to pull on the paper printouts.... was this straight line acceleration
    FOR SALE

2004 GENUINE XENON HEADLIGHTS GREAT CONDITION
    FULL LEATHER INTERIOR! GREAT CONDITION

FULL BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM INCLUDING HEAD UNIT (6CD CHANGER)
    FULL ENGINE COMPLETE WITH POLISHED & PORTED HEAD
    BREAKING THE WHOLE CAR PM FOR SPECIAL REQUESTS
    & TO GAIN A CONTACT NUMBER.

Neutral

Status
    what you really want in my polished and ported head.... might be of assistance
    wuta3 likes this.
    FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Yes was in straight line he was pulling away from me after mid range and then carried on pulling away fron third gear upto about 5th 70mph max obviously lol then we pulled over and his car is noticeable more powerful than mine, must be power to weight ratio ??
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by barnzy View Post
    what you really want in my polished and ported head.... might be of assistance
    lol stop making me spend more money lol, how much you looking for it ? And does it come with stronger internals ? Conrods etc ?

Neutral

Status
    i would lay it down to power to weight.... go for a rematch around some twists and turns put some real driving into action (like tracks i mean, silverstone, brands ect)
    FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    sorry lol, fitted straight on my standard block... i believe that the standard engines have forge components inside anyway some one please correct me if im wrong, its gonna have to go with the full engine thou man, £800
    FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Does anythig else have to he done when adding ported head ?, also im interested but want to trade my standard head in so you can still sell the engine as complete and mote chance of it selling pal as standard engine ??

Neutral

Status
    very fair point mate! well hit me with an offer mate PM me I'm sure we can come to a suitable price... bolts straight on mate
    FOR SALE

2nd Gear

Status
    Ibiza is about 200kgs lighter than an A3. Even more so if you have an S3.

A hybrid diesel Ibiza is a very quick thing though, especially through the gears

Reverse Gear

Status
    The 1.9 Ibiza FR is a pocket rocket, I was suprised how fast it is as my mate had one and it out stripped our kids Fezza ST which he had at the time and that wasn't exactly slow. I don't beast mine all the time but I am surprised how good the Audi is mid range compared to other cars, it does seem sluggish out the blocks though compared to others.

5th Gear

Status
    I thought mine had some pull behind it but fu** me that just pulled away from me then again i have 19's on my car and no traction in 2nd lol also hes on stock 17's running that power and FMIC im gonna get some injectors its peeeeeed me off lol

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    I thought mine had some pull behind it but fu** me that just pulled away from me then again i have 19's on my car and no traction in 2nd lol also hes on stock 17's running that power and FMIC im gonna get some injectors its peeeeeed me off lol
    Smaller wheels - faster acceleration, bigger wheels - higher top end speed

Power to weight ratio is the biggest factor, also i'm sure the gearing would be slightly shorter on the ibiza too, so that would also allow it to get away from u quicker. How well did u get it going from the dig? ESP on or off? what kinda clutch control u using or are u just knocking it into gear and planting ur foot?

If you both kept going on say errr... that private track in ur back garden... then im sure u'd eventually pull it back
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

5th Gear

Status
    Our cars are proper piggy though. I might dump the back seats out.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Smaller wheels - faster acceleration, bigger wheels - higher top end speed

Power to weight ratio is the biggest factor, also i'm sure the gearing would be slightly shorter on the ibiza too, so that would also allow it to get away from u quicker. How well did u get it going from the dig? ESP on or off? what kinda clutch control u using or are u just knocking it into gear and planting ur foot?

If you both kept going on say errr... that private track in ur back garden... then im sure u'd eventually pull it back
    im pretty fast at gear changes tbh but it was like he had nitrous but i know the car inside out it just had stage 2 hybrid milltek and remap its the fr model and uprated 1.8t gti forge sidemount cooler it doesnt have fmic i asked him, esp was on on mine my cars psyco lol too much wheel spin, his was off will that make a difference ?
    The private track ran out so had to stop

1st Gear

Status
    I used to have a standard 52 1.9TDI Ibiza Sport brilliant car. Loads of torque at low revs better gear ratios at motorways speeds. Didnt have the refinement of the Audi though
    Audi A3 Sline 170 2.0 TDI

Mods Done
    -
    RNS-E mkII fitted, Tinted Repeaters, Center Armrest,
    LED Interior Lights, Cruise Control, LED Number Plate Lights,
    VW fan windshield washers, S3 Pedals, Metal Footrest,
    DPF & EGR delete, Unicorn Remap, De-badged the tailgate.

With DPF Without DPF

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    im pretty fast at gear changes tbh but it was like he had nitrous but i know the car inside out it just had stage 2 hybrid milltek and remap its the fr model and uprated 1.8t gti forge sidemount cooler it doesnt have fmic i asked him, esp was on on mine my cars psyco lol too much wheel spin, his was off will that make a difference ?
    The private track ran out so had to stop
    With some decent throttle control having esp off could make a difference. Whereas u've got ur foot planted and the esp is holding ur power back (slowing ur acceleration) he could be on the limits of grip getting the power down better than u.

Try this next time ur out, if u let ur clutch out quickly (in first off the line) at low revs u'll find the car feels limited in the amount of power it gives u off the line. Stop and then try holding the clutch at biting point until the engine feels like it no longer needs help from the clutch to get u going and u'll get full power in first. For me i normally hold the rpm between 2-2.5k keep the clutch at biting point, plant the throttle when im ready to go and then lift off the clutch as it takes off at full boost.
    once u hit second try and control ur throttle input to limit the wheelspin, dont just plant it cos u kno ull end up spinning the wheels.

Side mount or front mount really doesn't matter, its still cooling the air.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    VCDS User

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    With some decent throttle control having esp off could make a difference. Whereas u've got ur foot planted and the esp is holding ur power back (slowing ur acceleration) he could be on the limits of grip getting the power down better than u.

Try this next time ur out, if u let ur clutch out quickly (in first off the line) at low revs u'll find the car feels limited in the amount of power it gives u off the line. Stop and then try holding the clutch at biting point until the engine feels like it no longer needs help from the clutch to get u going and u'll get full power in first. For me i normally hold the rpm between 2-2.5k keep the clutch at biting point, plant the throttle when im ready to go and then lift off the clutch as it takes off at full boost.
    once u hit second try and control ur throttle input to limit the wheelspin, dont just plant it cos u kno ull end up spinning the wheels.

Side mount or front mount really doesn't matter, its still cooling the air.
    Then let the sweet smell of clutch waft in to the car like burning £20 notes.
    immo likes this.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

5th Gear

Status
    I dont have a ferocious map my peak torque comes in at 2300 rpm but next time i will try what you said when im back on the private road ;-), need a clutch soon i bet lol dunno what clutch i need though :-/ but dont want smf need a dmf for silence

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    Then let the sweet smell of clutch waft in to the car like burning £20 notes.
    Never had any clutch smell, i had a dmf before, running smf now and never had any problems with the clutch.

Im not dumping all the power on the clutch, i let it go progressively.
    VCDS User

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    i blame the driver
    stiff likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    i blame the driver
    haha ! I blame the car ! And think it needs more tuning intercooler clutch and injectors this year i will try to get all them done and look for 270bhp if its achievable

1st Gear

Status
    If there is genuinely 16bhp in it then whoever gets on the throttle first will win, even 100bhp doesn't make as much difference as you'd think if the other car gets the jump on you let alone 16.

And thats before you get to weight.

5th Gear

Status
    The thing is the standard seat iniza pd130 dyno's at 147bhp ive seen this on his car before he had hybrid also same thing happend with mates gold gt tdi mk4, it genuinly feels quicker than mine lol, will see what my produces after inlet manifold has been drilled out should be put on today says upto 15ft lb torque on tdi's will see if it was worth the £200 odd i paid lol