More Problems :/

Lz36

Reaction score
Last week my battery was pretty much dead, at the time of this I had a lot of friends getting in and out of my car moving the passenger seat backwards and forwards and when I started the car the Air Bag light came on and hasnt gone off since.

I had a friend scan my car and it came back with the following code. He tried clearing it but the light still stays on the dash.

1 Fault Found:

01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you may have a connection problem with the side airbag. Worth while taking a good look at the wiring loom that feeds the side airbag, and check wires and plugs. Upper limit exceeded may be a sign of an open circuit. Good luck.

Reactions: Lz36
somebody probably just snagged out the connector under the seat. Put the seat in the back position and lift the flap to check. You may need the airbag fault coded out tho.

Thanks for the replies. I checked the wiring under the seat and they seem to be fine and havnt been pulled out. :shrug:

It is probably losing connection momentarily or the wiring has pulled in the seat or under, so as wuta states check seat connectors properly or inside the seat there is another connector hidden.

All sorted, had the connections under the seats replaced. Quick fix luckily! Thanks for your help though

Reactions: NHN