Alarm Siren Intermittent

MC10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just got a small issue that's starting to really bug me,

My 2004 A3 alarm will only go off when I central lock my car BUT the alarm is intermittent and it doesn't always go off...like this morning parking up for work it never went off when I central locked it...but last night about 8ish this alarm kept going off when I tried to lock it..and on the odd occasion it wont turn off even when I unlock the car...I need to turn the ignition on to turn it off, but thats the odd occassion that happens.

Can someone please help?? :)

Thanks

Marchy

Scan it with vcds mine did this the other day not scanned it yet but it could be the back up battery in your alarm module do you hear beeping in the car no the full volume of the alarm just a beep.

Hey,

Nah no beep...just the alarm. I was thinking it could be a faulty siren maybe? Or could it still be the battery? As it doesn't happen all the time...so annoying lol!!

Mine started doing this a few weeks back. It started going off for now reason in the middle of the night then a couple of days later, the alarm would go off but only the lights, no siren. Scanned it with VCDS and with a bit of research it seems as though I need to replace the siren which is a bit of a PITA to get to and replace.

Get it scanned with VCDS so you can see what codes coming up and take it from there. If you clear the code, it may just fix the problem.

Yes the siren is located in a real pita location, not a job I would like anyone to have to do, but as above could be variety of things, convenience module, siren, wiring etc, so get it scanned.

Where is the siren located?

Might have a look at getting a new siren for it.

Scan it 1st, then consider siren, as could be wasted job.

It's located somewhere in behind offside wheel arch from what I've read.

As myself and Nigel have said, get it scanned and take it from there instead of replacing something that might not need replacing!

Mine does this. Got this fault when it was scanned.
There are two horns on mine one on either side of the engine bay (low level).
Its just another thing on the list for me. The horns aren't expensive.

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8P0-959-433.lbl
Part No: 8P0 959 433
Component: KSG H02 0040
Coding: 198800186D288505485AC63000
Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: F9F21A8AB068CED0E62

Part No: 1K0 951 605 A
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H01 1201

Part No: 1K0 907 719
Component: Neigungssensor 002 0002

Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H03 0010

2 Faults Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)

I think you're confused with the actual car horns, not the siren mate, on pre mid 08 cars it had 1 each side of the lock carrier, facelift cars moved both to drivers side, the actual siren remains a single one.

I think you're confused with the actual car horns, not the siren mate, on pre mid 08 cars it had 1 each side of the lock carrier, facelift cars moved both to drivers side, the actual siren remains a single one.

Ahh. I forgot about the horn horn. Of course. Ha

So the two red horns are the horn sounders nowt to do with the alarm.

Any ideas where the alarm is on the 3.2 as the above indicates it's goosed does it not?

Not a lot in my engine bay ATM and I haven't noticed it.

Red, they're usually black, unless you're being funny :p

Just checked them. They are black. ***, need to lay off the mushrooms I think lol.

If u unlock car and alarm is trigered as soon u put your hand in the car.and goes off just after puting key in the ign.lock. so i bet is not showing doors open on dis when doors are opened.?? My guess is door locking module have 4 switches one of them is for open/closed door.that switch stuck and etc and give u problems.had same symptoms. I switch off movement sensor with vcds so is not blinking while im going into my car. Abaut the horn is batterys inside.like all batterys dies soon or later and kills mother board.