Clutch keeps changing biting point and not smooth anymore

Patrick_c99

Reaction score
Recently I have notice the clutch on my 2.0tdi seems to be bait harsh and it feels as tho the biting point is changing slightly.
One minute it's nice and smooth pulling away the next minute you move the pedal a mm and the car violently lurches forward as the clutch engages.

Is this possibly the master cylinder? And how hard are they to change?

I've bled the clutch system twice myself and payed a garage to do it aswel just to make sure after my attempts seemed to fail. But still no difference.
HELP!!!!!!

I had this on a mk3 astra, when I took the clutch out half the fingers on pressure plate where missing

I'm experiencing this precise problem - usually made worse by colder weather. Sometimes get a worryingly low biting point, on the verge of having no clutch disengagement for the first 3 or 4 minutes of driving. Did you investigate and solve this problem Patrick?

Of all the threads I've tried to track down across the internet, relating to this problem, none of them have ended with conclusive feedback or write-ups from the OPs. Has anyone had this same problem, and then definitively solved it?