Centre dash configuration

the obese penguin

Reaction score
I want to change my dash configuration from

31454357 2 440 dash 3
to this
Car photo 273618

I need the heater controls etc to moved down.

Without me first taking it apart I would like to know if its relatively straight forward to do?

Better to go rns-e as the radio antenna is identical to the radio fitted currently, the newer radio shown isn't fully compatible, so rns would benefit from added features & no need to swap out radio systems.

Climate needs trimming, double din cage fitted, new buttons etc.

If you want a supply/fit solution, give me a shout as I can do the lot :)

You want to convert from LHD to RHD? :jester:

Seriously though, you're be surprised that lots of these bits are different. For example, you will lose your cupholder, the one in the double din shot is a card/coin tray andthe cupholder does not fit without lots of modification.

Yes but lets be honest, the cupholder isn't great anyway & its not the most ideal location to have it, right above/in front of your climate/radio.

Ok maybe I should have mentioned I was planning to do a custom ipad mini install and getting rid of the concert unit.. I would want to move the climate down and utilise the space left in-between.

Yes but lets be honest, the cupholder isn't great anyway & its not the most ideal location to have it, right above/in front of your climate/radio.

Yes it must be why they dropped it in that configuration. It is ok on single din though as it doesn't prevent you using the radio. I only realise this after I'd modified a spare cupholder to fit! I still think it's a worthy addition for carrying a drink back from a takeaaway ocassionally rather than persistantly using it on the move.