Ally pedals GB - details please confirm.

The cluctch covers have been delivered to my house. I'll get them packaged up and sent out ASAP, I should be able to parcel them up and get them out in tomorrows post work permitting. I'm just waiting for an ETA on the DSG accel pedals.

J.

Time to delete some crap J

This user has exceeded their private message quota and may not receive any new private messages.

Right the manual sets are on the way to new homes!

I'm still waiting for news on the DSG accel pedals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif as soon as I have any news I 'll pass it on!

J.

cheers m8 - I'm sure they'll be worth the wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quick update for the DSG people out there...

I've spoken to my supplier and I should have the DSG accel pedals I am waiting for either thursday or friday. So fingers crossed I will get them in the post to you saturday (or earlier work permitting)

Thanks for hanging in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

Nice to meet you earlier... got the cable out of the throttle pedal eventually. Whoever designed that need shootings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Looks excellent though! Great mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Glad your happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You definately need to be a brutal with the accel pedal!

Those Rs4's on your car look the dog's like I said just need to decide if I get it chipped first or go for a new set of rims... decisions decisions decision.

Oh and your car goes like stink, you shot off like a scalded cat!

Stinky well made German crap, how the hell do you

a) Get the freaking cable out
b) Get the pedal out of the floor

Undid the scre expecting this to be a 2min job, gave up after 10mins in the cold with a torch

it is only a 2 minute job... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brute force is required...

Remove the cap undo the screw. At the base of the accel pedal theres 2 metal posts that it clips to, you need to get a falt balde screw driver to life the pedal up and then use 2 screw drviers to release the plastic clips. If you look at the pedal you'll see there's 2 slots to access the clips.

You do need to use a fair amount of force though!

To remove the cable when you have released the pedal use a flat blade screw driver to remove the cable, theres a flat square cutout which is the release for the plug.

If that doesn't make sense drop me a line and I'll take some piccies to illustrate what I mean.

J

no I know what you mean, its the brute force thing i'm worried about, I'll play later this week with it

Yes, I trashed my old one getting it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. If you look at the new pedal you will see how the mountings release. The left hand side will release if you stuff a screwdriver under the left front of the pedal and push it in, the right hand side you need to do the same but from the right edge not the front. Lift the pedal as you are doint this, (obviously undo the bolt which is under the plastic cover to the left of the pedal first...)

The release the cable you'll notice a light grey part at the top of the cable connector which moves down if you push it, you need to push this back down towards the peddle until it goes click ( you will have to be a lot more brutal with this than you think) once its clicked the connector comes out easy as anything.

James, got'em! Thanks again for putting this together!!

The A3 is at the shop (new pads) and I'm letting them deal with the pedals...

Excellant news Ben!

And for those of you with DSG fear not I have just been told my supplier has them in his hand and will drop them round my house tonight or tomorrow lunch [:D]

I will endeavour to get them out to you on thursday so you have trhem for fitting at the weekend.

J.

What a pain in the ***, talk about hardwork in the end I just gave up with the softly softly approach and went at it with crowbar./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif Looks good though now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Rudely woken by postie ringing the ****** door bell at 7am this morning - after a heavy Friday night session too - b@stard!

Thanks for the pedals J....!!

Waited until I could see, feel and hear again before attempting fitment. Finally started at 4pm all done by 4.20pm. Nice easy mod. Look good too.

I'm going to make an ally dead pedal 'tread plate' outta some ally sheet when I can get some time on the milling m/c. Should be able to match the ally pedals reasonably well. I'll post some pic's when I've done.

Thanks again J.

Good to see the latest DSG accel pedals actually come with the kick down button. Mine's the same part number didn't come with one!

J.

stevieboy, I wish mine had been as easy as yours, took me all of 35 minutes, 5 minutes undoing and refitting everything EXCEPT the bloomin' wiring connector, b'stard thing took 30 minutes to get off!

One set of skinned knuckles and a whole new vocabulary of swearwords directed at the gods of electrical connectors!

Now its done, it looks the dogs!

Thanks again J, now where are the Band Aids?

Lol, I know the feeling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I stuck the tip of a large screwdriver in the gap at the base of the connector. It's a bit of a weird angle of attack (brace yourself girl!) but rotating the driver CCW whilst pushing down the grey release tab seemed to work!

I was still slightly under the affluance of incahol though...

Glad everyones pleased! Shame a few had a few troubles removing the old ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Again all I can do is apologise for the delay in getting them unfortunately the factory in germany decided to have them on back order. Goes to show how many Gti's are being built.

Thanks everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Now what shall we do next?

J.

I'm looking into FK Angel eyes for mine...

Here ya go...

FKFSAI041.jpg

Current pricing is £199. I'll see what I can do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

they look quite good quality, well as much as you can tell from a picture. Anyone seen them close up?

Cupra let me know what sort of price you can get as I happen to have an FK contact...

I'm assuming these are for cars without Xenons?

J.

Not sure on the Xenon bit. Dont think they are though... will post once I've got some solid pricing on numbers.

I can get you a price on the armrest if you like. Someone would need to supply the part numbers tho...

Normally the price is Vag-parts price minus about 10% but with cheaper P&P - I either collect the parts fo teh guy drops them round my house. Then you just pay whatever the post office charge plus a very small amount for bubble wrap/brown paper etc.

J.