What the feck is that clicking noise at the rear of my car

g dawg

Reaction score
After accelerating in 1st or second I get a random click from the rear it doesn't happen at idle it's doing me in

Yeah it's an s3 it's a bit random I think to be the valve unless its got a mind if its own

Does this happen just after the car has started and driven a very short distance?
Does it just do it the once as well?

As someone else has said. Exhaust flap in the L/H tailpipe opening and closing under throttle. Some are noisy some aren't. Makes a loud clicking noise. Just disconnect it and open it fully and lock-wire it open. End of clicking.

As someone else has said. Exhaust flap in the L/H tailpipe opening and closing under throttle. Some are noisy some aren't. Makes a loud clicking noise. Just disconnect it and open it fully and lock-wire it open. End of clicking.
Ah thanks for that, I don't have an S3. Only a 1.6FSI
But every morning when I head out something clicks on my car an it always happens at the same spot.

Mine does after 1st gear 2nd gear probably more often than not but its random its just had new injectors and inlet manifold gaskets and it didn't do it befor that. It's sounded like the heat shield at first but it only does once warm and moving and it done it at biting point with the handbrake on. I'll try the opening the valve and go from there it may go back to Audi thanks for your help lads

What position is your valve in stationry and idling mine is open in both case's is it broken??