Badger5Monster Motorsport
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ-S3
  • 1 Post By TDI140
  • 2 Post By bez101
  • 1 Post By OVRA3
  • 1 Post By 4K
  • 1 Post By Ads

Thread: Garage taking my car for a joyride!

1st Gear

Status

Garage taking my car for a joyride!

Car went to a garage for a service on yesterday morning (A 4 Audi in Clydebank) and as I normally do when I put my car in somewhere I note down the mileage on the clock. Picked up the car later that day and drove it home to find that there was an extra 100 miles and the drive home is only 15 miles! Thinking I must have noted the numbers down wrong I checked how much fuel I had left as I put £30 in just before handing the car in which gave me roughly 220 mile left on the DIS, 140 miles now left?! A road test was expected for the service but that's ridiculous!

I confronted the garage today after work about it and after explaining the fuel used and the mileage added they denied moving the car anywhere other than onto the ramps. All I wanted was the diesel money! The discussion got a bit heated with the manager and he said that if I come down on monday he will look through the CCTV footage, which I know fine well doesn't cover where my car was parked as the woman on the front desk told me so!

So it's a bit of a stalemate, I can't prove the car was used and they can't prove it wasn't. Still tempted to go on Monday just to be a nuisance if nothing else! Has anyone else had something like this happen?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sounds like either they've got a group garage to service it, because they were too busy or someone took it home or used for dealer stuff.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    I took mine into f1 auto centre for cv joint never again when I got into the car my mpg was at 1pg errrr and the car was sitting at 90c road test or thrashing.. Never again
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

3rd Gear

Status
    I always take a photo of the mileage along with something in the background to prove it was right outside their place. Then if there's a mileage descrepency it would be pretty hard to disprove. But you'd need to say it to them before you drive away.

Mines going into Audi Wakefield this month for warranty work on a doors paint work (again) so ill be taking a photo of the mileage at their garage, putting the revo remap in stock mode (was thinking valet but they might update the ecu then) and see how much miles they out on it. They've got to take it to VW Huddersfield for the warranty work!!
    voorhees likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Mate thats the worst feeling knowing someone has ragged your car without permission, a wheel spun my car in the car park when i went to get trackig done and two front tyres put on he didnt slow down for ramp so cupra lip hit the ramp and scraped it underneath, i got peeed off and wated till they did the work, so he then comes to me with a £65 bill i said i refuse to pay due to the way your staff treated my car and he couldnt do anything so i drove away,
    im guessing you already paid then for the work before you noticed the 100mile joy ride ?
    Benisere likes this.
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    am from clydebank mate was it the audi vw garage in yoker? just so a know not to go there myself

Reverse Gear

Status
    A for audi are bams m8, the give away is in the fact they are from yoker lol do you not watch the limmy show. theres a decent audi service place on garscube road tho

5th Gear

Status
    I have never had any problems with a4audi.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

2nd Gear

Status
    I used to get my old dealer to sign a waver agreeing the mileage. They can get a bit funny but its bang out of order.
    My last car was seriously modified and needed to be nursed upto temperature, something they wouldn't have done if they did choose to drive it.

Status
    I always take a pic of the mileage,all mobiles have a camera so its easy.

85 extra miles is not on,if no joy from them contact audi customer service.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    its always nice to see there face when you have a live tracker fitted
    Mr. B and Benisere like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    its always nice to see there face when you have a live tracker fitted
    You ever read that arcticle on the bloke who tracked his car doing something like 150 when in for a service? lol

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    I took mine into f1 auto centre for cv joint never again when I got into the car my mpg was at 1pg errrr and the car was sitting at 90c road test or thrashing.. Never again
    Maybe they left it sitting idling? Even with my foot flat I've never seen 1mpg live let alone average mpg.

As for the OP they sound like a bunch of idiots but if you can't prove the mileage prior to the service then I wouldn't hold out much hope of some money back. Check the service report/invoice. I normally note the mileage before I do any road testing. So if they drove it afterwards there may be a discrepancy.

Chalk it up to experience and don't use them again is what I would do.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis583 View Post
    Maybe they left it sitting idling? Even with my foot flat I've never seen 1mpg live let alone average mpg.

As for the OP they sound like a bunch of idiots but if you can't prove the mileage prior to the service then I wouldn't hold out much hope of some money back. Check the service report/invoice. I normally note the mileage before I do any road testing. So if they drove it afterwards there may be a discrepancy.

Chalk it up to experience and don't use them again is what I would do.
    Sorry typo it was at 14mpg not 1 lol :-/
    Stormtec likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coreythorny View Post
    You ever read that arcticle on the bloke who tracked his car doing something like 150 when in for a service? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    thats the one I was on about. Makes you think twice about where you take your car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garythedrummer View Post
    A for audi are bams m8, the give away is in the fact they are from yoker lol do you not watch the limmy show. theres a decent audi service place on garscube road tho
    Didn't understand a word of that.
    NHN likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Just tell them you have a tracker fitted on your car and you've checked and know it's been ragged.

Was it a dealership?

1st Gear

Status
    Unfortunately it's not a dealership and the service has already been payed for. I wasn't to happy with the service anyway as there's noise from the steering that you can clearly hear which I was expecting them to pick up on which they didn't, when questioned about it they just blamed it on the coilovers.

I thought noting down the mileage would be enough at the time as I didn't expect to have to use it for evidence, was more for my peace of mind! Lesson learned I guess. It's a shame that I'd recommend avoiding A 4 Audi as it's a nicely equipped garage, for a place that advertises there interest in customer satisfaction the manager/owner really lets it down.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    There used to be a member on here and the same thing happened to his car when he took it in.

He was parked up one evening with his mate and saw his car speed past him. They chased his car, caught it up and caught the guy red handed.

Unlucky for the cheeky mechanic who took it for the joyride.... this member is a cop.