A3 stage 1 in the south east?

Jaacck

Reaction score
Morning guys,

Have only had my car for a brief amount of time but looking to unlock some of the engines potential some time soon. Any recommendations of where to get a remap for a 1.8 TFSI 2007. I know the realistic Gaines are about 40bhp but the prices seem to vary from about £250 ( quoted by angel tuning , anybody used these ) up to £600 quoted for a revo map ( also been quoted 450 for same map )

Angel also recommended a ITG air filter for £45, is this something that would help/ maximise its potential? Worth the 45?

If this has been asked for the south east many times before feel free to direct me to that thread.

edecf851d2d91bfd1204b46f14e0e44f.jpg

Thanks

Jack

AMDTuning at Lakeside.

These guys have done all of the work on my car to a very high standard(take a look through my build thread if you want).

I would recommend them to anyone.

Give Ben a call and discuss what your requirements are.

Mad seem to have a very good reputation but are at top of my budget really if not slightly over. How much should I be looking to spend?

Shark is £399 at W8 i think. AMd is £499 and revo is £599. I would go with the shark or revo mapping if i were you. :)

I run Revo on my S3 but shark was excellent when i had my mk5 gti.

Have emailed w8. I'm based in Brighton, where does shark close to me also? Don't mind a bit of a drive though

Mad seem to have a very good reputation but are at top of my budget really if not slightly over. How much should I be looking to spend?

I think you have to go with what you know for tuners.

I don't know W8,and I've always stuck with tuning companies that also run race cars,and AMDTuning have been superb from the beginning,always discussing what I had in mind,and the best way of achieving it,and their back-up is excellent.

You would lose nothing by also contacting them,and comparing both,preferably with sample maps or test drives to see how each feels to you first.

One other point with maps and tuning....the cheapest isn't always the best,but all of the reputable software companies(AMD,Shark,Revo and APR etc) will provide a good product.

Ye I don't want to be left with a Audi sized paperweight if it goes wrong. Will contact a few and see what they say.

Thanks for the help

Wll companies do a health check on cars before the tune?

I got mine done at AMD like Alex, they were very good with my car. If it were me i would just drive up the M23 and round the M25 to AMD. Won't take long from Brighton :)

Wll companies do a health check on cars before the tune?

Again,from experience,I know that AMDTuning will do all of that.

Car is also put on the rolling road and the real road,and checked out before being given back to you.