Advice on which A3 to go for

Dave.A3Quattro

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am looking to buy my first A3 and have seen many around. Two have taken my fancy I need you wisdom and guidance.

1) Audi A3 (2010 10) plate Sport back 2.0 TFSI S Tronic Black edition Quattro. £18,000 from Audi.
23.600 miles
Full Audi service history
Leather/Alcantara
Comfort & Tech pack
Sat Nav plus

or

2) Audi A3 (2011 11) plate Hatch back 2.0 TDI (138) S Tronic Black edition. £18,000 from Audi.
26,800 miles
Full Audi service history
Leather/Cloth
Comfort pack
Sat Nav plus

Please help me decide

Thanks

Dave

Welcome along

Usual question we all ask first is....What's your annual mileage?

The first one then, based on the fact it's the TFSI, petrol.

The diesels have a DPF filter which works better on longer runs and if you don't drive it very far can get clogged up and you'll run into all sorts of problems.

Any other TFSI Black Editions to comare the first option with?

Reactions: wuta3
Yeah I agree, with that mileage, petrol is a better bet & spec is good.

Reactions: Dave.A3Quattro and wuta3
No not really. I've seen them on 11 plates same spec just without the Quattro and a grand cheaper is the Quattro worth the extra £1000?

No not really. I've seen them on 11 plates same spec just without the Quattro and a grand cheaper is the Quattro worth the extra £1000?

Most people would say yes, I wish I got a Quattro. Why don't you get an 2009 S3? ( not sure how much they are but can't be far off your 18k surely?)

If I had a chance, I'd go for Quattro, but in all honesty, we have fwd cars at & they're perfectly ok.

Reactions: Dave.A3Quattro
Only driving 5k a year? Might as well do them quickly with a big fat smile. The TFSI Quattro.

Reactions: Dave.A3Quattro
Mike the S3 is too expensive on insurance and tax

Guys I think you have sold it to me, in only 8 posts lol:yes:

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you but shop around, you might find one with better spec for the same kind of money.

Reactions: Dave.A3Quattro and wuta3
Mike the S3 is too expensive on insurance and tax

Guys I think you have sold it to me, in only 8 posts lol:yes:

Sod the S3 ... fully specced 2.0TFSI s-line and a few tweaks ... thinking man's choice :sly:. What you currently driving/selling?

Reactions: Turbo jay