Volks AutosEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Used OEM Alloys? Refurbed OEMs? Breand New Replicas?

After doing a lot of research I am bit lost. I've been looking at OEMs and they are crazy expensive. That leaves me with Refurbed OEMs, Used OEMs or Replicas. Which one will you take?

I would like to hear about your experiences and suggestions about these. Should I go for Brand New replicas? The reason I am concerned about Used and refurbed OEMs is that some, not all, come with tyres and if they have got cracks etc, they might have been covered?

Is there anything wrong with Refurb'd OEM alloys?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    What's your budget? What size are you looking for??
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

5th Gear

Status
    Depends what sort of wheels you're looking for? E.g Rotors etc?
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

CEO

Status
    I personally don't like replicas and with alloys generally I'm not a fan of "new" wheels unless its a must leaving me all the time with one choice and that's oem refurbished/used.

5th Gear

Status
    Oem refurbed just make sure no flat spots or cracks and then they will be like brand new wheels
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Depends what sort of wheels you're looking for? E.g Rotors etc?
    I like these flat Ronals

I am open to 17" or 18" and looking to spend a max of £700, but this is with tyres that have at least 5mm of tread. I've seen a couple of OEMs in that range but treads are low or some are refurb'd and I was a bit wary of refurb'd in case they weren't rebuilt properly/needed loads of weights to balance etc!! Hence my question as to which ones to go for..

If I go for reps, I will be getting new alloys + tyres for around £750, but then I am not sure what's their build quality etc..

P.S: Only genuine alloys will have Audi part numbers - correct?

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 5fifty5 View Post
    I like these flat Ronals

I am open to 17" or 18" and looking to spend a max of £700, but this is with tyres that have at least 5mm of tread. I've seen a couple of OEMs in that range but treads are low or some are refurb'd and I was a bit wary of refurb'd in case they weren't rebuilt properly/needed loads of weights to balance etc!! Hence my question as to which ones to go for..

If I go for reps, I will be getting new alloys + tyres for around £750, but then I am not sure what's their build quality etc..

Get genuine ones of those, there's plenty for sale out there. Just be aware that the correct width for the A3 is 7.5J. The A4 ones are 8J so look out when searching.

I sold a genuine set about 3 years ago for £500 with Pirelli tyres fitted to give you an idea...

Here is a good set on E bay 18" AUDI A3 S LINE GENUINE ALLOY WHEELS + TYRES FOR AUDI A4/A3/A6 | eBay
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

5th Gear

Status
    Personally I think the A4 ones look better on the A3. A bit wider and there'll be no need for spacers.

Take a look at Synchromesh's A3 with them on... Synchromesh's A3
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

RED FIVE STANDING BY
    Zookeeper Champion

Status
    I like these flat Ronals

Had my OEM S-line wheel refurb'd and re coloured gloss gunmetal and still look new 1 half years on no problems at all.
    Yep OEMs have the part No on and will have Ronal or Fundo of Norway stamped in them they will also be the standed ET number
    and J numbers most reps use different numbers ie 8J instead of OEM 7.5J

AY58 002.jpg
    58reg 2.0tdi 140(WAS) S-line Monza Silver withSUPERCHIP BLUEFIN
    S3 front grill/gloss fog light surrounds/rnse/gloss gunmetal wheels/EZ front spliter

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN91 View Post
    Love them RS4 alloys but can't find cheaper ones in these. If I could fit them in budget, I wouldn't look for anything else. What's the Max for these in good used condition with or without tyres

I've found one in 17's which I like but not sure about ET. They are from an A4 with ET43 (Part # 8P0 601 025) - I am sure they won't but I thought I will check!!

RED FIVE STANDING BY
    Zookeeper Champion

Status
    Love them RS4 alloys but can't find cheaper ones in these. If I could fit them in budget, I wouldn't look for anything else. What's the Max for these in good used condition with or without tyres

I've found one in 17's which I like but not sure about ET. They are from an A4 with ET43 (Part # 8P0 601 025) - I am sure they won't but I thought I will check!!
    The OEM in standed 18in could go for anything up to £800 with tyres but thats just a ball park figure.Thoses 17's will be repo's as the OEM's are ET54 and also check your PDC as some are 100 and some 112
    58reg 2.0tdi 140(WAS) S-line Monza Silver withSUPERCHIP BLUEFIN
    S3 front grill/gloss fog light surrounds/rnse/gloss gunmetal wheels/EZ front spliter

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN91 View Post
    The OEM in standed 18in could go for anything up to £800 with tyres but thats just a ball park figure.Thoses 17's will be repo's as the OEM's are ET54 and also check your PDC as some are 100 and some 112
    I agree with £800 ball park figure. Saw one which were being sold for £790 but tread was under 4mm which put me off cos for that amount I would be looking for a bit more tread or look elsewhere. I've certainly got PCD in mind.

What about ET43 though? No-no??