Bkd cam timing

Ade6

Reaction score
Im still having issues with my a3 2.0tdi. In the morning/ when its been stood for a while and let cool down i start it, it missfires into life and puffs a cloud of bluey/white smoke that stinks of diesel then its okay! Had new turbo,glow plugs, glow plug loom. And a diffrent tandem pump. Still the same. Orderd my injector seals to try them. Im wondering if its my timing? From cold the injector readings are fine. The idle consumption goes upto 2.0l/h for a second or two thwn back down to 0.6-0.4 l/h. Is that normal? Also my torsion value is 0.0. Thanks

that use to happen to mine ended up being the head ;(

would run fine just that it it chuff out smoke after a run and its left to cool for a while

What happend to yours then?

would start and run fine once up to temp and parked up for a while would smoke for say 20 secs and clear and run fine .

slight loss of water but not a lot.

I wouldnt say mine smokes for 20 seconds! Just one puff of smoke maybe 2-3 seconds and its fine! I havent noticed any coolant loss (touch wood) im thinking oil is seeping into the bore thry the injector seal and thats causing the smoke/missfire? Also its used from max to half way on te dipstik within 2-3 weeks! How did you diagnose your head?

Also my coolant temp sensor on vcds showed my car at 81 degrees when my gauge on the car was on 90! Could this be a fueling problem?