Simple RNSE Problem

MrBones

Going Gone Bye
Reaction score
Hi All

Could some please tell me how to switch off the RNSE whenever I start my car?

Everytime I turn the ignion on I get my CD blasting out which is really annoying

I have tried turning the Rnse off before I shut down the car, but it still comes back on when I start the car back up again

I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this??

Thanks

Reactions: K.A
You will need to remove the 'Ignition Pin' from the Quad Lock connector, that will stop the unit turning on when the ignition is started.

You normally have a constant 12V+ source, so the RNS-S has memory (radio stations/settings/etc/etc) and you will also have a 12V+ switched, which powers the unit on when the car is started.

The pin outs 'should' be on top of your RNS-E. (I thinks it's pin 10?)

Just press and hold the power button and it will "properly" turn off rather than muting.

Reactions: K.A and MrBones
You will need to remove the 'Ignition Pin' from the Quad Lock connector, that will stop the unit turning on when the ignition is started.

You normally have a constant 12V+ source, so the RNS-S has memory (radio stations/settings/etc/etc) and you will also have a 12V+ switched, which powers the unit on when the car is started.

The pin outs 'should' be on top of your RNS-E. (I thinks it's pin 10?)

There is no ignition pin in the 8P, ignition is controlled via the CANBUS.

As Jonny states, its a sole constant live with a canbus on/off signalled via the ignition switched position.