Audi used car buying sites?

KARL

Reaction score
Hi guys

Selling my S3, getting a little tired of the time wasters that come through from auto trader. Google returns a fair few options for sites offering to buy your car - anyone had any experiences getting a good price from any? WBAC.com gave an offer which was too low, am expecting them all to be the same but thought I'd ask

Thanks

Karl

They are usually the same but you won't know till you actually try them and even then the offer the given isn't usually what they pay. Always try to get you down, try selling elsewhere I have sold a few cars and never advertised on trader. My last sale 3 months ago was in eBay and car sold within a week. You can get messers on there also but I seem to always make a sale on eBay.

try advertising on here in the classified section which is free. What spec ect is your S3 as my mate is looking for one at the moment.

+1 on eBay.

Sold a car on there before too although you do have to sift through all the silly offers etc but it's the same where ever you sell a car.

Pistonheads is very good as they seem to be car enthusiasts and would appreciate an S3, plus they're cheaper to advertise with than Autotrader.
My mate had his BMW 3 series convertible for sale with various sites and it went from Pistonheads.

Ebay all the way, cheap to advertise, can set the reserve at you want. I have sold loads of cars through ebay, alright if you put ya mobile on expect all the idiot calls (would ya swop it for an xbox) but it also sorts out the tyre kickers from the genuine buyers. Just DO NOT ever give your address or postcode out, funny how things all of sudden go missing when this happens, (learned from my mistake).

Ebay, buy a cheap phone and a pay as you go Sim card with credit. Chuck it afterwards.

They are usually the same but you won't know till you actually try them and even then the offer the given isn't usually what they pay. Always try to get you down, try selling elsewhere I have sold a few cars and never advertised on trader. My last sale 3 months ago was in eBay and car sold within a week. You can get messers on there also but I seem to always make a sale on eBay.

try advertising on here in the classified section which is free. What spec ect is your S3 as my mate is looking for one at the moment.

Thanks

It's an 07 plate with 54k miles. Lots of added extras that I added on at the time I bought it - Sat nav/TV, Bluetooth, iPod, heated full leather seats, electric folding mirrors, BOSE, rear parking sensor etc. Owned it from new

Will try ebay - I always though their fees worked out quite high if its's based on a % of sale value. Will take a closer look

Sold my last few cars through Gumtree. Had a lad come up from London to buy one.
Had bad experiences with time wasters on eBay.