Alloy gators anyone?

Stol1975

Reaction score
Had some new rims last week and they do protrude from the tyre a wee bit
View attachment 16437

Has anyone fitted genuine alloy gators that protect the rims from curbing? I know the fancy colours look chavvy to say the least but they do have them in black and silver like this picture
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370294930255085

Thoughts please guys.

Save money and learn to park properly :p

Reactions: reepers and TDI140
There a waste of time they always come off, you might aswel buy clear plastidip and spray that on to protect them

There a waste of time they always come off, you might aswel buy clear plastidip and spray that on to protect them

Is that alligator branded ones your talking about or another manufacturer?

I couldn't relax thinking that they could potentially fly off at 70mph and damage the paintwork

Any of them they will fall off somewhere and then 3 of your rims will still have them and one wont lol happened to my bmw 1 series ones i got angry and threw them away

One of my mates had em on his R32, Came off on the motorway, left a few scratches in the process! read reviews online of this also happening! Just park around 15cm away from the curb always! haha

Save the pennies and put it towards something else...

They will mostly likely fly off and then you would have to keep buying replacements.

As others have suggested, just get into the practice of keeping a good few Centimetres away from the curb.

Fitted a set to my previous car ( Honda S2000 ) to protect lovely polished rims of standard wheels as the tyres were only just wider than wheels. I fitted properly as per instructions by ensuring tyre deflated enough to ensure Alloygator is properly seated twix rim and tyre and not cornering on two wheels or driving like a hooligan which may well have forced them to spring out. Cutting them to length was the real pain, as always a risk of cutting them too short and thus there was a gap when tyre inflated. Coloured versions are Naff & Chav in the extreme so hasten to add I ordered silver and they were almost invisible.

I went and spoke to a certified fitter and he actually fitted one as to see if it would work on my tyres/wheel. It didn't so he said he would not fit them which I thought was a good service. If I changed my tyres to a wider fitting at the rim then I could have it done but I will just try to be extra careful.

All you need to do when parking is, park up then get a bus to the curb :whistle2:

Reactions: reepers
I have them fitted but with hindsight would not have had them as I was going to have my wheels which are silver, dipped to change colour to anthracite, but have been told that the gaters cannot be refitted so made me wonder if getting a puncture whether it can be put back on if you had to have a tyre replaced