Offside Wheel Trouble - Wheel Bearing?

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got in my car and started to drive yesterday and heard a constant RRR RRR RRR kind of noise. Only happens when car is moving and sound gets worse when I turn left. The noise is coming from the right hand side.

A few months ago I had some work done on that side, new suspension arm and supposedly new wheel bearing. I jacked it up today and there is a lot of play in the wheel. When wiggling the wheel, the brake disc, driveshaft etc all move as well. Does this sound like the wheel bearing or something that may not have been tightened up right when the work was done?

Got a video when I had it in the air of the wheel moving, can upload it if needed.

Thanks in advance

I'd personally ring them up and get it back to them and explain its only happened since they worked on it

That's my job for later on today.

Just wanted to get some sort of idea of what the most likely problem could be, although I do understand it could be one of a number of things.

Remove the wheel & see if the large center shaft bolt has come loose.

Remove the wheel & see if the large center shaft bolt has come loose.

Its booked in with garage on Monday, but I'll have a check tomorrow morning.

Easy to tighten if its loose?

i had similar sound after car was fitted with hew mechatronics, everyone thought i was imagining it but mpg was worse and even the wife noticed it,

it was the front left wheel bearing, had it changed by brilliant local independent for €100 and all is ggod again.

Given how the front left wheel gets the most abuse from ditches and potholes it made sense that it went.