JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3Alex

Thread: Reconditioned turbo from the 'Turbo Express' company

1st Gear

Status

Reconditioned turbo from the 'Turbo Express' company

Hello,

I have been ringing about in search of a new turbo and this company 'Turbo Express' have given the cheapest quote by far. They said £312 and that is including vat, seals and the delivery. 1 year guarantee is also included so this deal seems very reasonable to me.

Has anyone ever delt with this company before and used there reconditioned turbos? If so what do you make of them and has there been any issues with it?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy53 View Post
    Hello,

I have been ringing about in search of a new turbo and this company 'Turbo Express' have given the cheapest quote by far. They said £312 and that is including vat, seals and the delivery. 1 year guarantee is also included so this deal seems very reasonable to me.

Has anyone ever delt with this company before and used there reconditioned turbos? If so what do you make of them and has there been any issues with it?

Thanks,
    Tom
    You might want to google for reviews of the company.

Cheapest doesn't always mean best .

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Problem is, some cheap turbo refurbs are using Chinese very inferior parts to repair broken turbo's, so be very aware of the prices as it may not last that long.

On a 2nd note, I have a brand new boxed bkd 140 turbo for sale from Turbo Technics that's warranted aswell, PM for price.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Problem is, some cheap turbo refurbs are using Chinese very inferior parts to repair broken turbo's, so be very aware of the prices as it may not last that long.

On a 2nd note, I have a brand new boxed bkd 140 turbo for sale from Turbo Technics that's warranted aswell, PM for price.
    Good advice.

Turbo Technics have been around for ages and have always been a good quality company.

6th Gear

Status
    midland turbos are very good
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

1st Gear

Status
    Much apprenchiated. I contacted midland turbos and they can offer a reconditioned Garret unit for around £370 after vat and delivery. I think i will go with this as you have said they're good tdi-man. Infact ive heard other good things about them too, so perhaps its worth spending that little bit more for a reliable company.

Is there any companies that actually buy your old broken turbo off you does anyone know?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    midland are very good
    iv used express once and never again.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy53 View Post
    Much apprenchiated. I contacted midland turbos and they can offer a reconditioned Garret unit for around £370 after vat and delivery. I think i will go with this as you have said they're good tdi-man. Infact ive heard other good things about them too, so perhaps its worth spending that little bit more for a reliable company.

Is there any companies that actually buy your old broken turbo off you does anyone know?
    Most places I know price up for you taking your turbo off you as part exchange

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the heads up Bez. I actually think midlands do an exchange with your old turbo, however from the sound of mind at the minute they will probably just reccomend buying a new one. Would be worth a try though.
    Last edited by Tommy53; 3rd June 2013 at 13:57.

6th Gear

Status
    my m8s garage use midlands turbo all the time

ebay your old unit should get at least 50
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Ill try it