Still have the same problem. Any advise??

Ade6

Reaction score
My car strugles to start when its been stood for a while when cold. It starts after a little longer wind and misses a couple of seconds then a plume of white/blue smoke comes out the back that stinks of diesel. The timing belt has been changed and torsion value is 0 and idle consumtion is 0.4 l/h - 0.6l/h! After doing a diesel purge i went thru the revs and went back to check on the purge and it was black. Before doing the purge i replaced my fuel filter that had only coverd a couple of thousand miles and it was black with small black filings in the bottom of the housing. Could this be my tandem pump? Injector readings seem to be in spec.

Well sometimes its up and sometimes its down! On level ground after letting it cool down! So i dont reelie know! Going to get a 2nd hand tandem later today! Just to see if it cures it!

Well the next thing is to check glow plugs? starter motor?

Its had a recon starter and new glow plugs. And a new wiring harnis! New turbo. And a full service. If the tandem pump dosnt cure it im guessing injector seals or valve stem seals? I dont want to keep chucking mony on it i will just sell it.

I think I got a tandem pump kicking round I changed mine as I thought I had a fault but it dint cure mine. so is all good to use

I thought you'd had your injector swapped? If not it could be the seals or the tandem pump as these are the 2 points that fuel & oil can mix.

I got a tandem today from a 2007 jetta going to try it tomorow! Never had my injector swaped. Only the harnes

might be worth a compression check as well.

Its a weird one! One its fired up and the puff of smoke has co
e out its fine! One puff and its okay

put some fuel cleaner in it as well may help

Could anyone explain to me if the i jector seals was gone how the oil could get into the fuel filter?? Surely it would run past the injector into the bore and burn off? I just cant see how it could get into the fuel going past the seals?