Seat belt

honeybear

Reaction score
hi all
just had my A3 2009 tdi 5 door in for MOT anyway examiner gave me an advisory notice on the seat belt webbing which was a slightly frayed. He did say nothing to worry about as it is only advisory and the fraying is only slight. Thing is I know its there any advise on cost replacement, cost replacement + fitting. Were I can buy one from?. The safety belt is driver side.
Thanks for any feed back

UP date
Unfortunately the seat belt fraying was not covered by the extended warranty that Audi gave with the car. Anyway since the car is only four years old Audi are replacing FRee of charge. Well pleased. I did find out that car manufactures recommend you change seat belts every five years ????

Sorry to bump this after so long but the exact same thing is happening to my wife's Audi A1. She bought it just before it was 3 years old and got the extended warranty. Only had it a few months and just been in for first MOT and they have told her that one of her seatbelts is fraying.

How did you get Audi to replace free of charge? - there was no offer of it at her Audi dealership.