So, my Turbos on its way out... best suggestion of where to get it?

gurdeep_singh

Reaction score
So, I was driving and heard a whining noise, which I thought was the car next to me. Turns out, my turbos decided it wants to go! :keule:

Any suggestions apart from ECP of a place that is decent... or a place that does Turbo rebuilds? Annoying thing is, I was looking to put the car up for sale in about 2 weeks!

The cars a standard 2.0TDi Sport (55 plate).

Any help appreciated!

Ring up turbo dynamics they do standard turbos and seem pretty good and helpful and will also give you money for yours or repair it depending on damage

I'm sure I'll get a few folk disagreeing with me on this as there are horror stories of the whining noise ending in destruction of the turbo, but it doesn't necessarily mean destruction is imminent. My 55 plate TDI started whining and initially after seeing these horror stories it made me quite concerned, but several thousand miles later it's still going strong and boosting perfectly (it's also remapped).

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong, but there could be plenty of life left yet!

if its not smoking and hasn't lost power just forget about it. if your that kinda person just tell em its making a noise, if your not then don't say any thing unless the buyer does.

its been done to me many a times and to be fair thats the minefield of buying a private s/h car.
end of the day if your no mechanic how are you ment to know its not ment to make that noise.

I have a brand new boxed bkd 2.0 tdi turbo for sale if interested.