Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By OVRA3

Thread: why do i get wet when using wind screen washers ?

Neutral

Status

why do i get wet when using wind screen washers ?

It might be a common thing on a lot of cars I've owned 4 cars and thisis the first iI can't leave the window open when I'm washing the windscreen using the washers I get a wet arm? Design fault or? Simple case of adding wind deflectors ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Aidy06 On Twitter Visit Aidy06's Instagram Channel
    Happened on my last two Golfs also, I've learned to live with it now as much as it is annoying

5th Gear

Status
    Pee's me off aswel need to build a brick wall on the edge off windscreen pillar to stop it lol
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

Flat Out

Status
    Same problem with every Audi I have owned. I bought Heiki wind deflectors last year for my A3. Problem sorted.

5th Gear

Status
    I will probably be getting so deflectors then dont like closing window every time and having to turn AC on for few minutes
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

5th Gear

Status
    The Audi shower system the optional extra that no one asked for but got for free.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

1st Gear

Status
    I have the same problem when washing the windscreen and adding wind deflectors I still get the free shower just further up the window

5th Gear

Status
    This happens on mine as well, very annoying.

Also, after a downpour when there's lots of pretty beading on your car, start driving, open your window slightly and you've got your second shower of the day!
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    The shower in the morning when it's been raining, I do a few rally manoeuvres to shake off the water before I open the window!
    S., aar007 and S3-Iain like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    I think this happens to most A3's.......both S3's and my 140TDI did this. It makes it even worse when the rain drips onto the window switch. Heko deflectors do stop it but sometimes they tend to trip off the one touch windows due to the resistance caused by the extra plastic in the window channel.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

3rd Gear

Status
    Aesthetic design over functionality, there's no rain channels on the A3 so there's no way of stopping it!
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    Aesthetic design over functionality, there's no rain channels on the A3 so there's no way of stopping it!
    i thought you did have rain channels on the windscreen. Could be wrong tho.

1st Gear

Status
    Think its an issue with modern cars does it on friends mondeo and does it on misses volvo and my works van and previous vans