EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Done a Single to Double din conversion now blowers wont work properly

Hey guys

basically to cut a long story short, done a single to double din conversion with an aftermarket pioneer 8400bt, replaced the single din climate control with a double din climate control, all works well however:

When engines off (just ignition): All blowers work in the correct way they should

Engine On : The blowers will only work if I press the econ button, with the econ off I can hear the motor but no physical air coming out the vents.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, its basically like the flaps just close for no reason when I turn the engine on and revert back to normal when the engines off...is there a way through vcds to reset them or something??

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sounds like the same old story, so did you fit the chrome dialled climate unit or black dialled same as old one, what's part number & date of manufacture of new one?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the reply, I fit the same black dialled unit, unsure of the part number and year of car it came out of though I may get these details off the seller if he replies. Mine is a 55 plate full grill face...The only difference on the new double din unit iv had fitted is its got scroll button for heated seats, I was under the impression that there are only compatibility issues if I fitted the facelift chrome unit to my non facelift car....is this not the case??

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    There are facelift versions with black dials aswell, just pull yours out & check data on the label, no need to ask seller as they probably wont remember.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Hi Nigel iv basically taken the new double din climate out today and tried my old single din and the old one works fine so I guess your spot on about the compatibility issues, heres the pics of the part numbers

20130601_123530.jpg

20130601_123535.jpg

That being confirmed what exact bits of the single din climate do I need to cut down to make it fit, iv heard lads use a dremel or hacksaw but im unsure where to start, do I need to remove the grab bars aswel??

Thanks

Neutral

Status
    Right problem solved, I just made a template of the double din unit and used that to cut the bigger single din down to size, for anyone else who wants to know its about 5mm u take off from each side on the top and around 7mm from each side on bottom.

I didn't have a dremel but I have a bosch multi function tool that worked a charm, bit of sanding and a rub down and it fits a treat, wish I didn't bother with the double din unit in the first place, wouldv saved some pennies.

Anyways thanks for your help

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Pics?
    2005 A3 2.0T DSG Oettinger Body Styling, 19" RS5 Reps, APR Stage 1, Forge Twintake, Remus catback, BSH PCV Fix, 034 Motorsport Mounts, WALK, Whiteline bushings (F&R), Whiteline RSB, Whiteline BSK, Whiteline adjustable end links, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Stoptech Drilled Rotors, Hawk Pads, Tyrolsport stainless lines, Tyrolsport Calliper bushings, Tyrolsport DeadSet Subframe kit.

Fossie

Status
    You could have just taken the faceplate off the double din unit and fitted it to your original single din unit !

The DD faceplate fits perfectly and controls the existing one properly. Heated seat buttons are irrelevant to the cc workings.
    2006 2.0L BKD 140 Sportback RHD ( manual, with extra bits incl. mfsw ) Gone
    2012 2.0L TDI Q3 S Line Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Here are a few pics, sorry not the best of quality

Before
    20130530_100201.jpg

After

20130602_163202.jpg

Single Din Cut to Size

20130602_163229.jpg

Mike I had no idea you could just exchange the faces, learn something new everyday