Done a Single to Double din conversion now blowers wont work properly

zaf786

Reaction score
Hey guys

basically to cut a long story short, done a single to double din conversion with an aftermarket pioneer 8400bt, replaced the single din climate control with a double din climate control, all works well however:

When engines off (just ignition): All blowers work in the correct way they should

Engine On : The blowers will only work if I press the econ button, with the econ off I can hear the motor but no physical air coming out the vents.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, its basically like the flaps just close for no reason when I turn the engine on and revert back to normal when the engines off...is there a way through vcds to reset them or something??

Sounds like the same old story, so did you fit the chrome dialled climate unit or black dialled same as old one, what's part number & date of manufacture of new one?

Thanks for the reply, I fit the same black dialled unit, unsure of the part number and year of car it came out of though I may get these details off the seller if he replies. Mine is a 55 plate full grill face...The only difference on the new double din unit iv had fitted is its got scroll button for heated seats, I was under the impression that there are only compatibility issues if I fitted the facelift chrome unit to my non facelift car....is this not the case??

There are facelift versions with black dials aswell, just pull yours out & check data on the label, no need to ask seller as they probably wont remember.

Hi Nigel iv basically taken the new double din climate out today and tried my old single din and the old one works fine so I guess your spot on about the compatibility issues, heres the pics of the part numbers

20130601 123530

20130601 123535

That being confirmed what exact bits of the single din climate do I need to cut down to make it fit, iv heard lads use a dremel or hacksaw but im unsure where to start, do I need to remove the grab bars aswel??

Thanks

Right problem solved, I just made a template of the double din unit and used that to cut the bigger single din down to size, for anyone else who wants to know its about 5mm u take off from each side on the top and around 7mm from each side on bottom.

I didn't have a dremel but I have a bosch multi function tool that worked a charm, bit of sanding and a rub down and it fits a treat, wish I didn't bother with the double din unit in the first place, wouldv saved some pennies.

Anyways thanks for your help :)

You could have just taken the faceplate off the double din unit and fitted it to your original single din unit !

The DD faceplate fits perfectly and controls the existing one properly. Heated seat buttons are irrelevant to the cc workings.

Here are a few pics, sorry not the best of quality

Before
20130530 100201

After

20130602 163202

Single Din Cut to Size

20130602 163229

Mike I had no idea you could just exchange the faces, learn something new everyday

Hello guys,

Iam from Greece and i have exactly the same problem..I made the conversion about a year and a half ago and i haven't found any solution yet!it might be the part number of the climate control?

Thanks

Wot did u need to do it as i want to do mine and same set up thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk