Air quality sensor

s3reptdi

Reaction score
Did a search but couldn't really find anything. Got a fault code for Air quality sensor, anyone every changed one? Where are they? Roughly how much and is it best to use genuine or doesn't it matter?

Its under the plenum chamber, I cant recall which side, possibly passenger side.

Have you changed the pollen filter? As I had a fault with the sensor on VCDS, changed the filter, cleared codes & it's not come back!

Might be worth trying?

No I haven't but I will do, on eBay second hand theyre going for around £35 just rang TPS they're about £22! Ridiculous what some people think they can charge!

Have you changed the pollen filter? As I had a fault with the sensor on VCDS, changed the filter, cleared codes & it's not come back!

Might be worth trying?

Depends on the fault tbh, if its a no communication, which I've found numerous times, then its a duff sensor or wiring given the sensor is actually external & are you sure its that sensor & not an internal one as there are various ones in the ducting for this system, as this ones mounted externally so one would assume (even if assumption is the mother of all.................) it checks the air coming in pre-filter, not saying this isn't your case, but it would seem strange for the pollen to affect a sensor that's open to the elements as such, if it was post-filter then I could see how it would restrict air & the sensor would maybe read things wrong with no correlation of readings, speculative as not sure how the logic is derived, but hey with cars never can discount something unrelated :)

Reactions: mcglynn
No I didn't say there are more air quality sensors, just other sensors in general.