Blue tooth in A3

Juddies

Reaction score
Hi, how can l get Bluetooth ( to play music from my iphone5)in my 2010 A3. It has an audi phone preparation kit fitted, l don't have a cradle for it but it seems to work well, could do with instructions if you know where l can get some from , but l really want to play music from my phone, any ideas

Hi, how can l get Bluetooth ( to play music from my iphone5)in my 2010 A3. It has an audi phone preparation kit fitted, l don't have a cradle for it but it seems to work well, could do with instructions if you know where l can get some from , but l really want to play music from my phone, any ideas

The audi solution for streaming music was to use with the rns-e mk2 & ami with a BT dongle plugged into the ami unit, audi removed the dongle sometime ago, but there is an aftermarket dongle that does the same.

Of course the requirement is to have the rns-e & ami in the beginning, of which if not installed, can be fitted.

Unfortunately this isn't a cheap setup, but its a very nice system, you would get sat nav, integrated systems, sdhc card slots, nice led backlight widescreen, phone integration with rns-e for phonebook & call lists.

If interested, ping me a PM.

The OEM Bluetooth kits don't support A2DP (Bluetooth Music Streaming).

You'll need the likes of a Fiscon bluetooth unit to get A2DP.
Are these the fiscon head units that are forsale on amazon, how hard are they to fit, does the car then has to go to a main dealer to be set up together and once fitted will it then pick up my Iphone or does it require something else

Are these the fiscon head units that are forsale on amazon, how hard are they to fit, does the car then has to go to a main dealer to be set up together and once fitted will it then pick up my Iphone or does it require something else

Yup, but I get mine direct from Kufatec.

Easy to fit. Small module so easily sits behind stereo/glovebox. Plug&Play too, so doesn't need coding.

Yup, the phone will connect to the Bluetooth like any other bluetooth kit and give you the option of starting the bluetooth streaming.

Ud be better getting NHN or jb0o to fit them as they have probably retrofitted more of these than ur dealer has and be quicker and cheaper.Plus they can code it with vcds :)

Reactions: jb0o
We have sold lots of genuine and Fiscon Bluetooth in the last few years so have had good experience with them both...

Audi OEM is best if you want exactly the setup as if your car came from factory with it. Does exactly what is says on the tin...

The Fiscon is a cheeky little system that gives you factory style Bluetooth without the Audi badge. Now I have never sold a Fiscon unit on the basis that it has A2DP. Never really had a great result in terms of quality. But recently there has been a slight change in the hardware / firmware and the sound quality isn't that bad... As long as you know that you are getting the bluetooth system with the A2DP as a nice little extra then you're gold!

You can read up on it a bit more from the links below:

If you have a MFSW & DIS but no RNS-e: Fiscon Audi Basic Bluetooth A3 A4 A6 TT | Advanced In Car Technologies
If you have the above & RNS-e: Fiscon Audi Basic+ Plus OEM Bluetooth | Advanced In Car Technologies

In regards to getting them off Amazon or eBay is it really worth it just to save a couple of quid? Especially when you can but the real McCoy from sponsors such as ourselves, Jb0o and NHN? You never know what you're getting from sites like that with the seller having little or no interest / knowledge in the product when guys like us live and breath it everyday...

Just my two cents...

Reactions: NHN
Am I right in saying that the A2DP system only uses the front 2 speakers in your car? Or did I just make that up?:think: