Does anyone use the vwr intake

g dawg

Reaction score
If so what's your view on it I've used the revo one and found it anoying at low revs not sure what cai to use

I have the vwr and is quite good. Is very quiet and the fit isn't great.

Why's it annoying at low revs?

my VWR couldnt get LTFT good enough even after they replaced it with new maf section so not very impressed and massive amount of rubbing, not what you would expect from over 400 quild worth of equipement. In terms of noise wasnt bad and would say pleasant at times.

Had AMD intake fitted and same problem trims dangerously high, both were good quality though but for some reason could not met requirements. I start losing faith in getting properly functioning kit that will be hassle free.

Seems like Ill stick to stock air filter for now untill more tests are made and proven low LTFT given out.

From what I recall Evoms is very close to OEM filter in terms of LTFT so is Neuspeed P-flo. Noisewise they are not great though.

I have it and i dynoed the car before i had it and after i installed it (with an APR intercooler)

got +30HP and +1KGM on a stage 1+ APR file. also full boost comes at 3000 instread of 3200. love the sound too.

you will get that with any aftermarket intake.

To a certain extent. The VWR intake filter is fully enclosed in the airbox housing, whereas the Revo model has an open filter with a heat shield. I've found most open element intakes produce more noise than fully enclosed units.

I have the VWR and would be interested in swapping for the revo if you are interested??