Please help NOOB with Steering/Wandering problem on 2006 S-Line

Audillest

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 3.2 Quattro S-line last month and within a week of driving it, problems have come pouring down on me, go figure. I am having an issue with the steering walking and wandering, especially when turning right. The feeling is like you would hit a slick spot in the road and the middle of your car is a rubber joint and wobbles back into place. The steering is so loose. Here is what I have done so far.

New KW Variant 1 setup
New Ball Joints
New Tie Rod Ends
New Rear Lower Control Arms
New Brakes on every corner
New Tires
Alignment

The rear hubs and all axles were replaced by the previous owner 2k miles ago.

Now this feeling only happens when turning right or hitting a bump at above 35 mph, it feels so unsafe.

Now, last night the steering light for the rack came on but after hours and hours of searching, I am wondering if it is something that lies deeper and it did do it before the above mods, so I am lost. I was about to order a new rack but saw that the Jetta rack is the same, used one galore, but I am not sure I believe that due to not one other post mentioning that. I have also read about multiple racks available but I would need a pigtail to change it but no one gave specifics on part numbers. I also read that rear bushings may be the culprit but cannot really tell by doing the pry and shake test. If anyone has any ideas, please throw them my way.

I have a friend coming over this weekend to scan with VAG-COM to see if anything is hiding.

Thanks
Steve