Tfsi h&r springs on a tdi

Henry1302

Reaction score
Quick question, might be a daft one.

A mate has some h&r springs off his s line tfsi will they fit my s line tdi or are they different due to the heavier Diesel engine?

Check H&R's website for the part number of the springs for both models, and if they are different then I wouldn't do it.

Both had 55mm struts if they at both 2.0tdi and 2.0tfsi but check website as ADS has said

Cheers chaps I've had a look at a few H&R suppliers websites and they seem to just offer one package for the whole 8p range so i'm assuming they will fit based on that?

Springs should be model specific. The TDI engine is a fair bit heavier than the TFSI!! You may find that the TFSI springs are too bouncy

physically they will fit

i stand to be corrected but on my last car I had to make sure the springs were for the TDI model

Cheers chaps I've had a look at a few H&R suppliers websites and they seem to just offer one package for the whole 8p range so i'm assuming they will fit based on that?

That's not correct as H&R must offer different springs as the weights involved are different... i.e. Quattro, FWD, engine sizes.

Don't take what the suppliers say as gospel, visit H&R's website for the proper info.

I've just had a look on the parkers website for facts and figures and it reckons the tfsi and the tdi 140 are the same weight as on supplier sold 2 different spring sets for the a3 2wd 8p one was for below 1020kg and the other was for above.