Remove transfer box

Cra16v

Reaction score
Hi tried installing new clutch to my 2007 s3 loosens the transfer box so I could rotate it but the transfer box wouldn't seperate from the gearbox so put it all back together. After some research there's a bolt down the drive flange vag tool 1669 can anybody confirm this is correct?? Any help appreciated thanks.

I have seen this but noticed its in the 8L section but just want some one to confirm its the same as the 8P before I try to do it again for it to be the wrong tool thanks

Well spotted, I didn't notice. I am interested in the answer as well as I have a rake of parts on the way from the states and il be dropping my transfer and gearbox.

There is indeed a bolt down the centre of the transfer box. You need a long 1/4 inch bar and I think the bolt has a 6mm Allen key head on it

Well spotted, I didn't notice. I am interested in the answer as well as I have a rake of parts on the way from the states and il be dropping my transfer and gearbox.

What parts have you got on your list...if it's OK to ask!

What parts have you got on your list...if it's OK to ask!

Timing chains and tensioners. Head bolts and the illusive T10068A tool.
I already purchased the head gasket and various other seals. So I just need the tool mentioned above and crankshaft seal and I'm ready to go!! :)

Timing chains and tensioners. Head bolts and the illusive T10068A tool.
I already purchased the head gasket and various other seals. So I just need the tool mentioned above and crankshaft seal and I'm ready to go!! :)

Nice collection of parts!

Hope what you've got planned there goes well.

Cheers Alex. I will be posting pics of the work (and no doubt a pic of the car on a low loader going to the garage when I ****** it up lol)

then hopefully I can concentrate on improving the car rather than just makin it work.
Adjustable ARB blades n suspension would be nice...... Oh and some rotors

Reactions: S3Alex