Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By XTerminator

Thread: My A3 Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status

My A3 Black Edition

Hi All,

I just thought I would share my new A3 Black Edition with you all. Its a 2.0 TFSI, a completely different experience when compared to my 2.0 TDI 170 (although, I have to say, a positive one ). As soon as I saw the car I knew it was for me, plus it came with quite a few toys to play with (I think the previous owner got a little trigger happy with the extras lol) .

It came with auto lights/ wipers, dimming rear view mirror plus dimming side mirrors, full leather, heated seats, RNS-E, bluetooth prep, AMI, optical parking (front and rear sensors) plus all the usual Black Edition extras. As soon as I saw it was an automatic too, I was sold (I love the S-Tronic gearbox, and I would not have another car without it).
    Oddly enough, despite my insurance company saying its a performance car, my insurance has decreased by £400 not that I'm complaining.. . They did have to speak to the underwriters first though as I was under the 'golden' age of 25 (I'm 23, 24 next month).

I have posted some photos below too. I just need my private plate on now and I've cracked it .

I'm looking forward to other peoples comments, and any suggestions about what I can do next.

Edit: I would like to retrofit some front puddle lights, but I wouldn't know where to start. Can anyone help? lol

Jonathan

Last edited by XTerminator; 26th May 2013 at 23:12.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Cracking car! We're those photos taken in the carpark behind McMillan building at Bradford college. Looks familiar, as that's where I did my teacher training

Neutral

Status
    Very nice pal, sounds like you have dropped on a decent deal. I wanted the black edition when I was buying but couldn't find the one at the time. Apart from plates not much more you can improve that with. Only mapping I'd be looking at if I was you.
    2009 A3 1.4TFSI S-line Sportback

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks .

Yer wilky, it's at the back of McMillan Building at Bradford College- I work there lol (and no, they don't pay me too much =P). You get an A* from me .

Remapping it is the next thing on my list, it's got some va va voom, but i would like a little more . I would have liked an S3 but insurance says no . But I think this will keep me entertained for a few years .

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Richard Peters On Twitter
    Beautiful! I became a BE owner today as well, so can appreciate how you must be feeling about now

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Peters View Post
    Beautiful! I became a BE owner today as well, so can appreciate how you must be feeling about now
    I noticed your thread just after I posted mine, I bet the car looks great. When my other Audi was in I got a new shape 13 plate in Ibis White with 20 miles on the clock as a courtesy car. I loved the colour, just a pint to keep clean lol. I also read through your other threads too, I can 100% guarantee that you won't regret buying your car with the S-Tronic gearbox . I had it on my other A3 and it was great, converted me to the world to automatics as, before, I was manual all the way. Now I wouldn't turn back (maybe I'm just lazy ><).
    Richard Peters likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    very nice car mate, is it quattro?

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    awesome car inside out but quattro would do it for me FWD understeers everywhere lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Unfortunately it's not a quattro . I wanted one but couldn't find one with this spec at a reasonable price point. To be fair though, so far I haven't experienced any major issues, and I haven't been driving like miss daisy . I suppose if I remap it there may be issues then. Guess I'll have to wait and see . Still a nice drive though, and not regretting it. It's cue truancy an eye turner- love it when you pull away from lights and mr corsa is still there lol (not that I'm bad mouthing corsas mind, I had one for my first car).

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    get some black audi rings and I definitely reccomend a remap you will love it

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    get some black audi rings and I definitely reccomend a remap you will love it
    Funnily enough I was looking at Black audi rings/ S-Line badges . They look pretty good to me.

As for the remap, I'm looking at a sg 1 for now- then seeing where things go from there. It's already got a bit of oomph now so I'm sure a bit more wouldn't hurt :D.

In awe of VCDS

Status
    I've got the black S line badges on my black BE and it looks much better. The silver ones looked like side repeaters on the wings.
    I also got a black one for the grille because I liked the look of the older models with the grille badge. The black one looks subtle, and the red bit is visible enough for it to look like it's something a bit special.
    I preferred the look of the black 'S' they do for the S3's, but I didn't want people to think I was trying to make it look like something it isn't.

I wasn't sure about changing the rings to black though. Maybe it's just badge snobbery, but I like it to be obvious to non-petrolheads that it's an Audi.
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

Neutral

Status
    Looks awesome mate, look forward to the progress updates!