My A3 Black Edition

XTerminator

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just thought I would share my new A3 Black Edition with you all. Its a 2.0 TFSI, a completely different experience when compared to my 2.0 TDI 170 (although, I have to say, a positive one :)). As soon as I saw the car I knew it was for me, plus it came with quite a few toys to play with (I think the previous owner got a little trigger happy with the extras lol) :).

It came with auto lights/ wipers, dimming rear view mirror plus dimming side mirrors, full leather, heated seats, RNS-E, bluetooth prep, AMI, optical parking (front and rear sensors) plus all the usual Black Edition extras. As soon as I saw it was an automatic too, I was sold (I love the S-Tronic gearbox, and I would not have another car without it).
Oddly enough, despite my insurance company saying its a performance car, my insurance has decreased by £400 :uhm: not that I'm complaining.. :). They did have to speak to the underwriters first though as I was under the 'golden' age of 25 (I'm 23, 24 next month).

I have posted some photos below too. I just need my private plate on now and I've cracked it :).

I'm looking forward to other peoples comments, and any suggestions about what I can do next.

Edit: I would like to retrofit some front puddle lights, but I wouldn't know where to start. Can anyone help? lol

Jonathan

Last edited:
Cracking car! We're those photos taken in the carpark behind McMillan building at Bradford college. Looks familiar, as that's where I did my teacher training

Very nice pal, sounds like you have dropped on a decent deal. I wanted the black edition when I was buying but couldn't find the one at the time. Apart from plates not much more you can improve that with. Only mapping I'd be looking at if I was you.

Yer wilky, it's at the back of McMillan Building at Bradford College- I work there lol (and no, they don't pay me too much =P). You get an A* from me :).

Remapping it is the next thing on my list, it's got some va va voom, but i would like a little more :). I would have liked an S3 but insurance says no :(. But I think this will keep me entertained for a few years :racer:.

Beautiful! I became a BE owner today as well, so can appreciate how you must be feeling about now :sm4:

I noticed your thread just after I posted mine, I bet the car looks great. When my other Audi was in I got a new shape 13 plate in Ibis White with 20 miles on the clock as a courtesy car. I loved the colour, just a pint to keep clean lol. I also read through your other threads too, I can 100% guarantee that you won't regret buying your car with the S-Tronic gearbox :). I had it on my other A3 and it was great, converted me to the world to automatics as, before, I was manual all the way. Now I wouldn't turn back (maybe I'm just lazy ><).

Reactions: Richard Peters
awesome car inside out :) but quattro would do it for me FWD understeers everywhere lol

Unfortunately it's not a quattro :(. I wanted one but couldn't find one with this spec at a reasonable price point. To be fair though, so far I haven't experienced any major issues, and I haven't been driving like miss daisy :rock:. I suppose if I remap it there may be issues then. Guess I'll have to wait and see :). Still a nice drive though, and not regretting it. It's cue truancy an eye turner- love it when you pull away from lights and mr corsa is still there lol (not that I'm bad mouthing corsas mind, I had one for my first car).

get some black audi rings :) and I definitely reccomend a remap you will love it

get some black audi rings :) and I definitely reccomend a remap you will love it

Funnily enough I was looking at Black audi rings/ S-Line badges :). They look pretty good to me.

As for the remap, I'm looking at a sg 1 for now- then seeing where things go from there. It's already got a bit of oomph now so I'm sure a bit more wouldn't hurt :D.

I've got the black S line badges on my black BE and it looks much better. The silver ones looked like side repeaters on the wings.
I also got a black one for the grille because I liked the look of the older models with the grille badge. The black one looks subtle, and the red bit is visible enough for it to look like it's something a bit special.
I preferred the look of the black 'S' they do for the S3's, but I didn't want people to think I was trying to make it look like something it isn't.

I wasn't sure about changing the rings to black though. Maybe it's just badge snobbery, but I like it to be obvious to non-petrolheads that it's an Audi. :blush:

Looks awesome mate, look forward to the progress updates!