Loba Stage 2 clutch or Stage 3 paddle Clutch

ilim

Reaction score
Its time to get modding again and need some advice what will be better. I do drive the car hard and planning on going shark st 3...

Which one is more durable?

Thanks folks

Ilim

I've never used a paddle clutch but I've had the loba in my car for the last 500 miles, I wouldn't be able to live with anything less street friendly than this loba kit and a paddle clutch would be, the paddle would probably take more hard launches however, but I'd imagine the loba will be pretty hardy too

Reactions: ilim
I've never used a paddle clutch but I've had the loba in my car for the last 500 miles, I wouldn't be able to live with anything less street friendly than this loba kit and a paddle clutch would be, the paddle would probably take more hard launches however, but I'd imagine the loba will be pretty hardy too

Whats your overall verdict?

I've used paddle clutches before,and frankly,for road use,they're a real pain.

No slipping,in or out,and nothing between.

The Loba is good for about 400lbs of torque and a bit more,and the Sachs is rated to 400lbs,but again will take a bit more if you're sympathetic and don't go for drag starts.

If you want something usable and bomb-proof,the Spec Stg3+ would fit the bill,and is a full face,carbon-metallic clutch(the one I use),but you may find that a clutch rated to 580lbs is a bit more than you need.

Seriously,if there is one thing I can say,it's that paddle clutches are not traffic-friendly.

when I first had it put in I thought I made a mistake because of the weight and high bite made it feel uncomfortable to drive, two weeks later and it feels almost normal and driveable again so pretty happy, if I had to do lots of regular city driving I wouldn't be able to live with it though

I've used paddle clutches before,and frankly,for road use,they're a real pain.

No slipping,in or out,and nothing between.

The Loba is good for about 400lbs of torque and a bit more,and the Sachs is rated to 400lbs,but again will take a bit more if you're sympathetic and don't go for drag starts.

If you want something usable and bomb-proof,the Spec Stg3+ would fit the bill,and is a full face,carbon-metallic clutch(the one I use),but you may find that a clutch rated to 580lbs is a bit more than you need.

Seriously,if there is one thing I can say,it's that paddle clutches are not traffic-friendly.

Alex the loba stage 3? Will it be ok for town driving? I do a fair bit of down driving, no hard take offs just like to down shift on back roads up here. ??

isn't the loba st3 a paddle plate? If your not using it for drag use regularly then your better off just staying away from this type, as Alex said, he has the spec st3 which isn't a paddle type but is suitable for lots of torque and hard use so if you feel you need to go a step further than the st2 loba then you should look in a similar direction, having said that though on the loba website it states that the 550nm\405lb rating is conservative and they are using it in cars up to 700nm\516lbs, what is the car and power you are running?

Sorry just re-read you OP and see your are planning shark3

Isn't this equivalent to revo 2+?

Alex the loba stage 3? Will it be ok for town driving? I do a fair bit of down driving, no hard take offs just like to down shift on back roads up here. ??

I don't know that one.

I was talking about the Spec Stg3+ clutch.

If the one you're talking about is a paddle clutch then apply what I've said about paddle clutches!

Best thing is to drop a line to Simon at Loba UK

I don't know that one.

I was talking about the Spec Stg3+ clutch.

If the one you're talking about is a paddle clutch then apply what I've said about paddle clutches!

Best thing is to drop a line to Simon at Loba UK

Hi alex, i just bought the stage 2 loba clutch and Loba Hpfp (from Gnj) to go stage 3. Is there anything else you would recommend to get aswell to "help" the car out?

Hi alex, i just bought the stage 2 loba clutch and Loba Hpfp (from Gnj) to go stage 3. Is there anything else you would recommend to get aswell to "help" the car out?

Replace the release bearing with the clutch! Only cheap (40-50quid) and whilst you've got the clutch out it wont/shouldn't concur more labour charges.

Then run it in for a few hundred miles, and enjoy! I certainly did :D

Replace the release bearing with the clutch! Only cheap (40-50quid) and whilst you've got the clutch out it wont/shouldn't concur more labour charges.

Then run it in for a few hundred miles, and enjoy! I certainly did :D

Do you have a part number mate,is it uprated?

You will be fine with the set up you have ,you could always look at a ths or pro alloy fmic ,vibra technics mounts and some top range coils :) and take the 19s off and stick some light weight 18s....

You will be fine with the set up you have ,you could always look at a ths or pro alloy fmic ,vibra technics mounts and some top range coils :) and take the 19s off and stick some light weight 18s....

I think I'd agree with all of that!

19's don't help the handling,and a good set of light 18s would help that,and if you put a set of Supersports on,those will help more.

Strictly speaking,a bigger intercooler isn't essential without a big turbo,but it will make a difference on long runs or on hot days,so if you go in for either,it will help.

Reactions: Kelza
I'm running the Loba Stage 2 SMF 550nm kit and it's quality. It's a little agricultural on idle (to be expected) and on run up and run down can vibrate through the car between 2000-2600rpm. This again is to be expected somewhat as you've removed the vibration dampening quality of the Dual Mass Flywheel.

Other than those 2 things, which I can live with very easily as I know it's handling the power being thrown at it with ease. Pedal feel is a little heavier than stock and also a little snappier but you soon get used to it.

I'm running the Loba Stage 2 SMF 550nm kit and it's quality. It's a little agricultural on idle (to be expected) and on run up and run down can vibrate through the car between 2000-2600rpm. This again is to be expected somewhat as you've removed the vibration dampening quality of the Dual Mass Flywheel.

Other than those 2 things, which I can live with very easily as I know it's handling the power being thrown at it with ease. Pedal feel is a little heavier than stock and also a little snappier but you soon get used to it.

Fully agree with NobberUK, some chatter on idle and the clutch is a bit heavier than stock but I'll get used to it. (Only stalled it once in the first week). Handles the power I'm putting through easily, I have driven a paddle clutch before and they are truly hideous for road use. Sachs organic every time.

I have driven a paddle clutch before and they are truly hideous for road use. ....

Same here....I had a paddle clutch on one of my Cosworths,and whilst it was great on the move,it was rubbish around town,and a bit like having a clutch switch instead of a proper clutch.

Having said that,clutch technology has improved a lot,and it's possible to have a clutch that will handle nearly 600lbs,and still easy to use around town.
That did surprise me pleasantly having taken the gamble on something I couldn't return.