Bkd tandem pump failure?

Ade6

Reaction score
My car takes longer to start in the mornin (when its been stood) and when it starts it misses a little and a big plume of diesel smoke. I did a diesel purge erlier and went thru the rev range went back to see how the purge was and it was black! Can the pump seal be replaced or is it a new pump? Thanks

Hi, check with VCDS see if it through any faults or it could be the glow plugs??

No codes on vcds. Glow plugs was replaced last month.

A simple way to check if the pump is starting to fail is to leave the car one nitght parked with the front higher than the rear and see how it starts in the morning and next night parked with the front lower and again see how it starts.
If it starts better in the second case, than its a sign that the pump can't keep the pressure overnight and you may consider a check. May be gaskets or the pump itself.

You won't see any fault with VCDS regarding the pump.

A simple way to check if the pump is starting to fail is to leave the car one nitght parked with the front higher than the rear and see how it starts in the morning and next night parked with the front lower and again see how it starts.
If it starts better in the second case, than its a sign that the pump can't keep the pressure overnight and you may consider a check. May be gaskets or the pump itself.

You won't see any fault with VCDS regarding the pump.

I have same problem overnight: http://www.labanauskas.lt/VID_20151029_075321.mp4 - this is how it starts in the morning.